|Shyne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1978|
Shyne is a Belizean rapper and politician who is best known for his solo studio albums Shyne (2000) and Godfather Buried Alive (2004). In the latter half of his career, he had switched to politics and was elected to the Belizean House of Representatives, in November 2020. Between June 25, 2021, and September 16, 2021, he had also served as the ‘Leader of the Opposition’ in the Belizean House of Representatives.
Jamal Michael Barrow
Belize City, Belize
Belize City, Belize
- Father – Dean Oliver Barrow (Attorney, Politician, Prime Minister of Belize from February 8, 2008, to November 12, 2020; Leader of the Opposition from August 30, 1998, to February 8, 2008; Member of the Belize House of Representatives from December 14, 1984, to November 12, 2020)
- Mother – Frances Imeon Myvette
- Others – Anwar Barrow (Younger Half-Brother) (Financial Entrepreneur), Lois Young (Ex-StepMother) (Attorney), Deanne Barrow (Younger Half-Sister) (Attorney), Kim Simplis Barrow (Step-Mother) (Activist, Philanthropist, First Belizean to be Designated a ‘Global Ambassador’ by Special Olympics International), Salima Barrow (Younger Half-Sister), Dean Lindo (Great Uncle) (Attorney, Politician) (d. September 2018), Michael Finnegan (né Myvette) (Maternal Uncle) (Politician), Joyce Erica Barrow (née Lindo) (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Innes Barrow (Paternal Grandfather), Denise Barrow (Paternal Aunt)
Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, East Coast Hip Hop
- Gangland Records
- Def Jam Recordings
- Bad Boy Entertainment
- Arista Records
- Bertelsmann Music Group (BMG)
- Universal Music Group
Shyne’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shyne has dated –
- Catherine Barrow (2013-Present) – Shyne had married his long-term girlfriend Catherine in 2013 and they have a daughter together named Naomi Barrow (b. January 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Belizean Creole descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Deep voice
- Clean-shaven look
- Shyne’s parents were not married to each other at the time of his birth. His mother had moved to the United States when he was 3 years old and his father was very busy in his career as a politician. Hence, Shyne was often taken care of, in his childhood, by his maternal uncle Michael Finnegan and his paternal aunt Denise. His middle name, Michael, comes from his maternal uncle.
- When he was 8 years old, he had moved to Brooklyn to live with his mother, while spending summers in Belize with his father. It was after his move to New York that he had started to develop an interest in the hip-hop culture.
- In December 1999, just a few months before the release of his self-titled debut studio album, he was involved in a nightclub shooting. In June 2001, he was convicted of assault in that case and had been sentenced to 10 years in prison. He had continued to make music in prison.
- During this time, he had started becoming interested in Judaism and had later become observant, practicing Orthodox Judaism. He had officially changed his name to Moses Michael Levi Barrow in 2006.
- After his release from prison in 2009, he was deported to Belize. In his native country, he had been appointed the ambassador of music and had donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop the music industry there.
Featured Image by Shyne / Instagram