|Simona Tabasco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1994|
Simona Tabasco is an Italian actor who gained acclaim with her role as Lucia in the HBO black comedy-drama anthology series The White Lotus. She has also been cast in many other shows in roles such as Nunzia in the comedy-drama series È arrivata la felicità, Aida Merlissi in the teen drama series Fuoriclasse, Elisa Russo in the medical drama series Doc – Nelle tue mani, Alex Di Nardo in the crime drama series I bastardi di Pizzofalcone, Gabriella in the drama series 1994, and Nora in the romantic drama show Luna Park. Her film credits include I babysitter, Perez., The Ties, Immaculate, and Bob & Marys. Moreover, Simona Tabasco made it to the Forbes magazine’s annual “30 Under 30” list (which recognizes the 30 most influential people in Europe under the age of 30) in March 2023.
Simona Tabasco attended Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia, a film school in Italy that aims at promoting the art and technique of cinematography and film. However, her studies were interrupted due to the filming of the teen drama series Fuoriclasse and she was subsequently expelled from the school due to repeated absences.
- Siblings – Marco Tabasco (Twin Brother)
Simona Tabasco has been signed with –
- Volver Actor, Talent Agency
- William Morris Endeavor
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
47 kg or 103.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Simona Tabasco Facts
- She was born to an advertising graphic designer and an office worker.
- Simona Tabasco made her first film appearance as Tea Perez (daughter of the protagonist Demetrio) in the neo-noir film Perez. in 2014. This performance won her the award for “Best Cinema Actress” at Galà del Cinema e della Fiction in Campania and Nastro d’Argento awards in the “Premio Guglielmo Biraghi” and “Premio Wella per l’immagine” categories.
- From 2014 to 2015, she played Aida Merlissi in the 2nd season of the teen drama series Fuoriclasse.
- She was nominated in the “Premio L’Oréal Paris per il cinema” category at the Venice Film Festival in 2015.
- Simona Tabasco was seen as Nunzia in the comedy-drama television series È arrivata la felicità from 2015 to 2018. Alongside Simona Tabasco, the show’s lead cast also included Claudio Santamaria, Claudia Pandolfi, Ettore Bassi, Giulia Bevilacqua, Myriam Catania, Ninetto Davoli, Federica De Cola, Edwige Fenech, Andrea Lintozzi Senneca, Paolo Mazzarelli, Caterina Murino, Alessandro Roja, Lunetta Savino, Massimo Wertmuller, and Valeria Flore.
- In 2020, she began playing the role of Dr. Elisa Russo (a resident in internal medicine) in the medical drama television series Doc – Nelle tue mani.
- She brought to life the character of a delivery girl in the 2020 romantic drama film The Ties (Italian: Lacci), starring Alba Rohrwacher, Luigi Lo Cascio, Laura Morante, Silvio Orlando, Giovanna Mezzogiorno, Adriano Giannini, Linda Caridi, and Francesca De Sapio.
- In 2022, Simona Tabasco started appearing as Lucia Greco (a local hustler and prostitute) in the 2nd season of the American black comedy-drama anthology television series The White Lotus. This won her the Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” (shared with the ensemble cast) in 2023 as well as got her nominated in the “Best Duo” (shared with Beatrice Grannò) category at the 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards.
- Her performance in The White Lotus became critically acclaimed and Nylon magazine wrote, “Lucia’s energy is so infectious, thanks to the frenzied, effortless performance from Tabasco” while CNN’s Brian Lowry wrote that it “feels like a breakout role”.
- Simona Tabasco was cast opposite Sydney Sweeney in the psychological horror film Immaculate in February 2023.
- She has appeared in music videos for songs such as Rose viola by Ghemon, Scusate se non piango by Daniele Silvestri, Vento del Sud by Tiromancino, and Furore by Paola & Chiara.
Featured Image by Déluge / Vimeo / CC BY 3.0