|Sir Michael Rocks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sir Michael Rocks is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer who has been a member of the hip hop duo The Cool Kids, the hip hop collective All City Chess Club, and the supergroups P.O.C. (Pulled Over by the Cops), and The Toothpick Clique. With The Cool Kids, he had released the album titled When Fish Ride Bicycles (2011) and the mixtapes titled The Bake Sale (2008), Gone Fishing (2009), and Tacklebox (2010). As a solo artist, he had published the studio album Banco (2014), and the EPs Populair (2015) and Part 2 (2016). Between 2007 and 2013, he had also released a string of mixtapes, both as a solo artist as well as with The Cool Kids.
Sir Michael Rocks, Mikey Rocks
Matteson, Cook County, Illinois, United States
He splits his time between Chicago, Illinois, United States, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Sir Michael Rocks had attended the Rich South High School in Richton Park, Illinois, and the Walter Payton College Preparatory High School in Chicago, Illinois.
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Hip Hop, Rap
- 6 Cell Phones
- One Off Music Group
- Green Label Sound
- Fontana Distribution
- Chocolate Industries
- XL Recordings
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Slender frame
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Wears ear studs
- Has the map of the world tattooed on his midriff
- Has both his arms and shoulders covered in tattoos
He has served as the brand ambassador of the clothing line Mariani.
Sir Michael Rocks Facts
- He used to listen to several hip-hop artists as a child and had started creating his own rhymes by the time he was 10 years old. He was also interested in sports, academics, and graphic art, during his school days but had decided in his early teens that he would pursue a career in music.
- Sir Michael Rocks had revealed in an interview that his favorite subject in school was zoology and that he would have loved to specialize in reptile and mammal studies if a career in rapping would not have materialized.
- He had co-founded the hip hop duo The Cool Kids in 2005 when he was just 16 years old. Earlier that year, he had met his partner Evan ‘Chuck Inglish’ Ingersoll on the social networking service Myspace, after coming across a beat that Evan had produced.
- The two had then met to discuss how to sell that beat but once they started talking to each other, they bonded so well over a shared love for hip hop and retro fashion that they went into a studio room and recorded lyrics for 2 hours straight, thus kick-starting a long-lasting and prolific working relationship.
- As part of The Cool Kids, his songs have been featured in the video games NBA Live 08, MLB 2K8, Need for Speed Nitro, and NBA 2K9.
Featured Image by Sir Michael Rocks / Instagram