|Sofia Carson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1993|
Sofia Carson is an American actress, voiceover artist, and singer who is known for her on-screen roles such as Evie in Descendants, Ava Jalali in Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists, April Dibrina in Feel the Beat, Melanie in Tini: The Movie, Lola Perez in Adventures in Babysitting, and Tessa/Bella in A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits.
Sofía Daccarett Char
Sofia Carson, Sof
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Sofia studied at St. Hugh School and graduated from Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart in Miami. Later, she attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she majored in Communications and minored in Broadcast Journalism and International Relations.
She also trained at In Motion Dance Studio and was part of the IMPAC Youth Ensemble program, competing all over the United States.
Singer, Voiceover Artist, Actress
- Father – José F. Daccarett
- Mother – Laura Char Carson
- Sibling – Paulina Char (Sister)
- Others – René Roque Daccarett Giha (Paternal Grandfather), Rosa María Escobar (Paternal Grandmother), Simón Char Abdala (Maternal Grandfather), Lauraine E. Carson (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency)
- Ziffren Brittenham (Law Firm)
- Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo (Law Firm)
Pop, Dance-Pop, Latin
BMI Records, Hollywood Records, Republic Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112½ lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sofia Carson has dated –
- Cameron Boyce – Cameron Boyce was an actor who was RUMORed to have hooked up with Carson in the past.
- Manolo Vergara (2016) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with Manolo Vergara in December 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
She is of Colombian, Spanish, and English descent.
33-24-36 in or 84-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
In 2021, she appeared in a commercial for Revlon alongside Megan Thee Stallion.
Best Known For
Appearing in the 2015 TV film Descendants
As a Singer
She has contributed to the official soundtrack (song entitled “Rotten to the Core”) of the 2015 film Descendants, which charted at #1 at US Billboard 200.
In 2015, she appeared in the musical fantasy TV film Descendants for her role as Evie.
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared in Disney Channel’s teen sitcom Austin & Ally for her role as Chelsea in an episode entitled “Princesses & Prizes.”
Sofia’s exact workout is not public. But, she does take dancing lessons, which seems to be her way to workout.
Sofia Carson Facts
- Due to her mother, she is related to the Char family of Colombian politicians.
- Her musical career started in 2015.
- At 3, Sofia started her dance training. As she started so early in dancing, she is now trained in several dance forms such as ballet, contemporary, flamenco, hip hop, jazz, musical theatre dance, pointe, modern, and tap.
- She is classically trained in singing.
- When she was three, Sofia decided that she would go into show business.
- Apart from English, Sofia is fluent in Spanish and French.
- She is friends with Fifth Harmony girls and singer Becky G.
- She fangirls over R5’s Ross Lynch.
- She signed with BMI Records in 2012 as a bilingual songwriter (English and Spanish).
- If she could be any villain, she would choose Evil Queen (from her 2015 movie Descendants) just because she is glamorous, fabulous, and fashionable.
- In Hollywood, she admires Jennifer Lopez as she is a successful singer and actress.
- In 2019, she co-starred as Ava Jalali, a fashionable trendsetter with a talent for hacking and coding, in the crime thriller mystery drama television series, Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists. This role got her nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Drama TV Actress” category.
- Sofia was seen wearing a black Valentino dress during her appearance at 2020 MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time.
- Sofia was the first celebrity guest host on SiriusXM’s new channel “Disney Hits” which she did on March 26, 2021.
- On June 11, 2021, Sofia released a new song He Loves Me, But… (audio version only) which she had self-written 2 months back.
- In October 2021, she released the music video of her new single titled Glowin’ Up.