Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York City, United States
At the age of 7, Sophia Lillis got enrolled in acting classes at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Juliana
- Siblings – Jake Lillis (Twin Brother), Philip (Stepbrother)
- Others – Christopher Mellevold (Stepfather) (Photographer and indie filmmaker)
Sophia Lillis is represented by Abrams Artists Agency L.A.
5 ft or 152 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophia has largely kept tight-lipped over her private life in her interaction with mainstream media, due to which information about her dating status and history isn’t available.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often keeps short hair
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Freckles on the face
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Sophia Lillis hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Beverly Marsh in the supernatural horror movie, It: Chapter One.
- Being cast in the role of young Camille Preaker in the thriller TV series, Sharp Objects. The older version of her character was played by Amy Adams.
In 2014, Sophia made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the romantic comedy, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
First TV Show
In August 2017, Sophia made her first TV show appearance in the “Wolves of Steel Vs Josh Macuga & Teammate” episode of the game show, Movie Trivia Schmoedown.
Sophia Lillis Favorite Things
- Actors – Bill Murray and Steve Martin
- Movies – Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation
Sophia Lillis Facts
- Although she has made her name by playing dark and depressed child characters, she had a nice childhood and didn’t have anything to draw on in preparations for her roles.
- When the producers of It first saw her, they thought she wasn’t girly enough for the role. However, the director Andy Muschietti wanted her for the role, so he flew her back to Toronto and got her in a girly ensemble for another audition in front of the producers.
- Andy Muschietti wanted her to have short hairdo in the It movie, while other producers wanted her to have longer locks. After shooting with long hairstyle, Muschietti eventually prevailed and got her locks chopped off.
- She has taken piano lessons and went for ballet classes for 3 years. She has also been enrolled in fencing classes.
- Sophia and her fellow cast members didn’t get to meet Bill Skarsgård, who played Pennywise until they were going to shoot the first scene for the It movie.
- She got her first breakthrough when one of her teachers at Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute recommended her to her friend, who was casting for his thesis movie, The Lipstick Stain.
- To make sure that Sophia and her fellow Losers’ Club members in It had perfect synergy, the movie producers hired an acting coach who made them go through trust building exercises such as looking into each other’s eyes for two minutes and trust falls.
- She started acting at the age of 7 after her step-father cast her in his film class project, Virgil’s Day Off, which was a short film based on Dante’s Inferno.
- She has revealed in her interview with Vanity Fair that it was Beverly’s bravery and courage that drew her to Stephen King’s silver screen adaptation of It (2017).
- Follow her on Instagram.