|Andy Muschietti Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1973|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Andy Muschietti is an Argentine film director, screenwriter, producer, and actor who burst into the limelight after directing and co-writing the supernatural horror feature film Mama (2013). He gained further acclaim after being the director of both the movies in the It series namely It (2017), which became one of the highest-grossing horror flicks of all time, and It Chapter Two (2019) in which he also acted as the pharmacy customer. Muschietti has directed several big films for Warner Bros. Pictures including The Flash (2022), where the fictional character in the DC Extended Universe Barry Allen attempts to time travel back into his past in order to avert his mother’s murder that has brought unintentional ramifications to his timeline. Andy has produced a number of films and television shows too, such as the movie Locke & Key (2017) as well as the supernatural horror drama streaming TV series of the same name, that premiered on Netflix in 2020.
Vicente López, Buenos Aires, Argentina
He, as well as his sister, attended the private not-for-profit university Fundación Universidad del Cine in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Film director, Screenwriter, Producer, Actor
- Father – Miki Muschietti
- Siblings – Bárbara Muschietti (Older Sister) (Film Producer, Screenwriter)
He is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Amber Heard (2019) – Andy Muschietti has dated actress, producer, model, and voiceover artist Amber. The pair was first seen publicly by paparazzi in mid-March 2019 kissing each other. They split towards the end of the year.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
He is of Italian-Argentine descent.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Mustache and beard
- Tall stature
Andy Muschietti Favorite Things
- Author – Stephen King having regarded him to be one of his big literary heroes
Source – Vulture
Andy Muschietti Facts
- He was brought up in Vicente López in Buenos Aires.
- Muschietti was originally set to direct the 2017 reboot of the movie The Mummy (1999) before he dropped out of the project, as a result of creative differences.
- His debut film Mama was based on his 2008 Argentine 3-minute movie of the same name, that had caught the attention of the multitalented Mexican filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro.
- Muschietti has been the 2nd Latino director in history to direct a comic book movie, namely The Flash (2022) after Guillermo had directed Blade II (2002) that had been constructed on the fictional character Blade from Marvel Comics.
- Muschietti has disclosed that he had pursued the legacy property It, being fully aware of all the possible rewards as well as the risk that comes with a project already deeply ingrained in the popular consciousness. It had meant a lot to him as along with being a huge fan of Stephen King, he has also always been a huge fan of his book It and had longed to see a movie of the 1986 horror novel. He had got extremely excited about watching a good, true reimagination of the story, whether he himself was to direct it or not, and he has been delighted that he turned out to do it.
Featured Image by Andy Muschietti / Instagram