|Barbara Muschietti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1971|
Barbara Muschietti is an Argentine film producer and screenwriter whose horror flick Mama (2013) that she had both produced and co-written, catapulted her into fame. She gained further acclaim after producing the adaptations of the “King of Horror” Stephen King‘s 1986 novel It, namely It – Chapter One (2017) and It Chapter Two (2019), the former being one of the supernatural horror movies with the most successful theatrical release of all time. She has been an executive producer on several TV shows as well, including the supernatural horror drama streaming series Locke & Key that premiered on Netflix in February 2020, having been constructed on the comic-book series of the same name by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez.
Vicente López, Buenos Aires, Argentina
She, as well as her brother, attended the private not-for-profit university Fundación Universidad del Cine in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Film Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Miki Muschietti
- Siblings – Andy Muschietti (Younger Brother) (Film director, Screenwriter, Producer, Actor)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Arthur Phillips – She is married to writer Arthur Phillips.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
She is of Italian-Argentine descent.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Sharp nose
Barbara Muschietti Favorite Things
- Author – Stephen King having been a huge fan of him even before reading his books, as a result of watching the TV miniseries Salem’s Lot (1979) when she was around 9 years old, that was the adaptation of his 1975 horror novel of the same name
Source – Consequence Of Sound
Barbara Muschietti Facts
- She started working in the advertising industry after shifting to Catalonia in Spain.
- Barbara has confessed that when she got the opportunity to do It, the first thing she had wanted to do was run to King’s hometown Bangor in Maine, with her brother having wanted to bang on their literary hero’s door. Although they had refrained from doing so, they had ended up going to the place.
- Following the massive opening weekend for It that brought in $123 million domestically, she had revealed that she had a premonition around 5 months earlier that the film would do $80 million in its opening weekend. Barbara however had no idea why, people kept telling her that she had lost it. Everyone had been quite shocked when Barbara actually turned out to be wrong, as it ended up becoming much higher.
- Barbara has pointed out how she and her brother have been a producing/directing pair for many years, having done commercials, shorts, and then movies. As they were brought up by the same parents who had the same tastes and were exposed to the same films and books, when it has come to that, they have found themselves fighting all the time as most siblings do. They have fought about Andy leaving the banana peel on her desk, or his shoes somewhere in her living room, but they have never fought about writing together, or directing or producing together, as they know each other inside out. Barbara and Andy have both always wanted exactly the same thing, that is to have the truly best film possible.
Featured Image by Barbara Muschietti / Instagram