|Angelique Kerber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1988|
Kerber, Aki, Angie
Bremen, West Germany
Professional Tennis Player
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Slawomir Kerber
- Mother – Beata Kerber (née Rzeźnik)
- Siblings – Jessica Kerber (Sister)
Kerber is signed with Angie Centrum Tenisowe.
Her manager is her mother Beata.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
Angelique is of Polish descent.
- Body curves
- Blonde hair and blue eyes
37-26-35 in or 94-66-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Kerber has signed sponsorship contracts with Adidas, Arena 11, Tennis Flex, and Yonex.
Also, she has been seen in a TV commercial for Porsche.
Best Known For
Becoming the #1 women tennis player in the world as per WTA Ranking which she achieved on September 12, 2016, and for winning the 2016 Australian and 2016 US Open Grand Slam tournaments.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Angelique first appeared in the TV Series documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio in 2012 as herself in an episode dated July 7, 2012.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Kerber achieved her first ever grand slam title in 2016. At Australian Open, she beat players such as Victoria Azarenka in the quarterfinal, Johanna Konta in the semifinal and American player Serena Williams in the final.
Kerber has been trained by Torben Beltz.
Angelique Kerber Favorite Things
- Actors – Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon
- Tournaments – Indian Wells
- Grand Slam Tournament – Australian Open
- Sports – Swimming, Formula 1, Soccer
Source – WTATennis.com, Angelique-Kerber.de
Angelique Kerber Facts
- She began her pursuit of becoming a tennis player at the age of three.
- Kerber had her professional debut in 2003.
- In 2012, Angelique shifted to Puszczykowo, Poland.
- She speaks German, English, and Polish fluently.
- Angelique has German and Polish citizenship.
- Her father is from Poland, still, she has never competed for Poland.
- As a kid, Kerber idolized the legendary female tennis player Steffi Graf.
- Kerber likes to go shopping, sleep, dance, and hang out with her friends.
- She won the silver medal for Germany in Singles at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil.
- She started training herself in the tennis academy ‘Angie’ in 2012 which was specially made by her maternal grandfather.