|Renuka Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Renuka Singh is an Indian cricketer who as of September 2022, had been playing for the Himachal Pradesh women’s cricket team.
Renuka Singh Thakur
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Renuka studied at Govt Girls Sr Sec School, Dharamshala before going on to study at GAV Senior Secondary School, Kangra.
According to sources, she also attended Amritsar’s Guru Nanak Dev University and Khalsa College. Later, she studied at Govt. College, Dharamshala.
- Father – Kehar Singh Thakur (Employee at the Himachal Pradesh irrigation and public health department in Rohru)
- Mother – Sunita Thakur
- Siblings – Vinod Thakur (Older Brother)
- Others – Bhupender Singh Thakur (Paternal Uncle)
Renuka is represented by SSPARK.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Roman nose shape
- She has a tattoo on her right arm.
Through her social media, Renuka has either endorsed or promoted various brands including FINGERS and Proathlix.
Renuka Singh Facts
- She was born and raised in Shimla.
- Her father was born on January 1, 1966, and passed away on April 1, 1999. Renuka was only 3 years old at the time of his death.
- Renuka is a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium bowler. She specializes in bowling.
- She enrolled herself at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association’s Women’s residential Cricket academy in 2009. It was her uncle who motivated her to take up cricket professionally.
- At the 2019–20 Senior Women’s One Day League, she became the leading wicket-taker with 23 dismissals.
- Renuka made her debut with the India women’s cricket team during their tour against Australia in August 2021. That year on October 7, she played her first Women’s Twenty20 International (WT20I) match against Australia.
- She was listed in the women’s Indian team in July 2022, against New Zealand at the 2022 Women’s Cricket World Cup. On February 18, that year, Renuka played her debut Women’s One Day International (WODI) match.
- During the 2022 Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham, England, she was listed on the Indian women’s cricket team in July 2022. She won a silver medal as the leading wicket-taker with 11 wickets.
- The earliest post that Renuka uploaded to her Instagram account was on December 6, 2017.
- In a February 2023 match, Renuka recorded the best-ever bowling figures by an Indian in a T20 World Cup match. She took 5 wickets by giving 15 runs in 4 overs against England in a women’s T20 World Cup 2023 match.
Featured Image By Renuka Singh / Instagram