|Sourav Ganguly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1972|
Sourav Ganguly is a former Indian cricketer, commentator, and administrator who is popularly known as Dada. He is also very well regarded to be the greatest captain in the history of cricket. His intense and successful gameplay landed him as a leading batsman and captain of the Indian cricket team. He has 5 million followers on Twitter, 900k followers on Facebook, and 500k followers on Instagram.
Sourav Chandidas Ganguly
Dada, Prince of Calcutta, Maharaj, God of the Off Side
Behala, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
He attended St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata and also studied at St. Xavier’s Collegiate School. In the past, Sourav also studied at the University of Calcutta.
Former Cricketer, Administrator, Commentator
- Father – Chandidas Ganguly (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Nirupa Ganguly
- Siblings – Snehasish Chandidas Ganguly (Former Cricketer)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sourav has dated –
- Dona Ganguly (1997-Present) – They have a daughter named, Sana Ganguly (b. November 3, 2001)
- Nagma (2000) – Rumored
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Wears a pair of rectangular spectacles
- Oval face shape
Sourav has done endorsement work for various brands such as –
- Ajanta Shoes
- Hero MotoCorp
- Captain TMT
- StayHappi Pharmacy
- Bandhan Bank (2022)
Sourav Ganguly’s Favorite Things
- Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar
Source – CricketCountry.com
Sourav Ganguly Facts
- He was raised in a very well-to-do family as his father was one of the richest men in Calcutta. Sourav was known as “Maharaja” in the streets.
- His father Chandidas passed away on February 21, 2013, after suffering from a lifelong illness.
- initially, he had shown an interest in football.
- Ganguly’s mother did not like the idea of her son picking sports as a career.
- His elder brother Snehasish who played with the Bengal cricket team introduced Sourav to the sport and also helped him in moving forward with his career.
- Sourav is a right-handed person. However, he learned to play left-handedly as his brother was left-handed and he was using his gear.
- In the past, he practiced with his brother in an indoor concrete wicket that was built in his home.
- Sourav was once the captain of the St Xavier’s School, Kolkata’s cricket team.
- He was reported to be an arrogant player and once also refused to cooperate as he did not want to organize equipment or give his teammates drinks.
- Ganguly made his First-Class cricket debut in 1989.
- He was named as the captain of the Indian cricket team in 2000.
- In 2004, he had attained worldwide status as one of the best Indian captains. He was also awarded with the prestigious Padma Shri.
- He and Australian coach Greg Chappell got into a dispute with one another. However, things went back to normal after a meeting was held before the BCCI committee.
- Ganguly played for the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2008.
- His influences were David Boon, Mohinder Amarnath, Kapil Dev, and Allan Border.
- He served as the president of the “Cricket Association of Bengal” from 2015 to 2019.
- Ganguly was elected as the president of the “Board of Control for Cricket in India” in October 2019. He was replaced by Roger Binny in October 2022 after 3 years.
- In February 2019, Sourav bought himself a BMW G 310 GS bike worth INR 3.49 lakhs.
- In January 2021, Sourav had a mild cardiac arrest while working out at the gym and as a result, he was admitted to the hospital.
- In June 2021, Ganguly had posted a picture online of himself driving a racing car in Dubai which he had to delete after receiving criticism from people. He was in Dubai to hold meetings with different stakeholders regarding the remaining 31 matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- In December 2021, Ganguly was tested positive for COVID-19 and had to be hospitalized in Kolkata.
- In October 2022, Sourav was reportedly offered the post of IPL Chairman. However, he rejected it.
- In May 2023, Sourav was appointed the brand ambassador of Tripura Tourism.
- In September 2023, as a delegate, he accompanied West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on a 12-day trip to Spain and Dubai.
- In September 2023, Ganguly revealed that in 2007, he had started a small steel plant. In early 2024, he was looking to start a new steel plant in Medinipur, West Bengal.
- In November 2023, Sourav was named as the brand ambassador of West Bengal.
Featured Image By Sourav Ganguly / Instagram