|R. Thyagarajan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1937|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
R. Thyagarajan is an Indian industrialist who co-founded the Chennai-based Shriram Group (a financial services conglomerate) along with AVS Raja and T. Jeyaraman. In 2013, R. Thyagarajan became a recipient of the Padma Bhushan (India’s third-highest civilian award) for his contributions to the field of trade and industry.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
R. Thyagarajan got enrolled at the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) and has a master’s degree in Mathematics and a master’s degree in Mathematical Statistics.
Industrialist, Co-founder of Chennai-based Shriram Group
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Receding hairline
- Wears glasses
R. Thyagarajan Facts
- He started his career in 1961 by working as a Trainee Officer with New India Assurance Co. Limited, a general insurance company.
- Along with his friends, R. Thyagarajan set up Shriram Chits to start a commercial financing business in 1974 and the business went on to become a ₹60,000 crore entity. The business has its headquarters in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The many subsidiaries of the Shriram Group include Shriram Finance, Shriram Housing Finance, Shriram Life Insurance, Shriram General Insurance, Shriram Insight, Shriram Fortune, Shriram AMC, Shriram Wealth, and Shriram Properties.
- He has served as Director of TVS Capital Funds Private Limited.
- R. Thyagarajan has served as the Chairman of Life Cell International as well as has served as its Vice Chairman.
- He has been a guest faculty for the Asian Institute of Insurance, Philippines, and Insurance Institutes in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Featured Image by Krishna Gopalan / Scribd