|Steffi Graf Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1969|
Stefanie Maria Graf
Fraulein Forehand, Die Gräfin
Mannheim, West Germany
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Former tennis player
- Father – Peter Graf (Car and Insurance Salesman, and Amateur Tennis Player)
- Mother – Heidi Graf (Amateur Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Michael Graf (Younger Brother) (Director, Writer)
- Others – Mike Agassi (Father-in-law) (Boxer), Phillip Agassi (Brother-in-law), Tami Agassi (Sister-in-law) (Tennis Player), Christel Ginepri (Aunt) (Steffi’s Spokesperson)
Steffi Graf is represented by Stefanie Graf Marketing GmbH & Co.KG.
Right-Handed (One-Handed Backhand)
October 18, 1982
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Steffi Graf has dated –
- Alexander Mronz (1989) – Steffi went out with German tennis player Alexander Mronz, while they were both emerging in the game.
- Mick Hucknall (1991-1992) – Graf had a brief affair with the English pop singer, Mick Hucknall. She managed to hold the famous womanizer in a relationship for little over a year before he decided to explore pastures anew.
- Michael Bartels (1992-1999) – Steffi started dating German racer Michael Bartels in 1992. After being in a steady relationship for about 7 years, they decided to part ways in 1999. Sources close to the German racer blamed Andre Agassi for their breakup.
- Andre Agassi (1999-Present) – Soon after, her relationship with Bartels ended, Steffi found solace with American retired tennis player Andre Agassi. The rumors of their relationship started swirling around in September 1999 after they were spotted getting cozy in a New York restaurant and a bunch of days later, shopping together in Los Angeles. In October 2001, they got married in a small and intimate wedding ceremony with their mothers serving as the only witnesses. She gave birth to a son, Jaden Gil in 2001 and a daughter, Jaz Elle in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and athletic body
- Blue eyes
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
Steffi has done promotion work for the following brands –
- Head sports equipment
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- Dunlop Sports
- Canon Inc.
- Kerala Tourism
- Barilla Pasta
- Opel Automobiles
- Aramis Always Fragrance (with Andre Agassi)
- Longines watches
Best Known For
Being one of the finest and most decorated female tennis players
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Steffi’s first win in the singles Grand Slams during the years –
- Australian Open – 1988
- French Open – 1987
- Wimbledon – 1988
- US Open – 1998
She was first seen in the 1989 German comedy film Otto – Der Außerfriesische as herself.
First TV Show
In 1980, she guest appeared as herself in the sports series ZDF Sport Extra.
Steffi Graf relies on tennis game sessions to keep her body fit. She is also a big fan of outdoor activities.
In the spring season, she likes to head out for a jog in the mountains and sometimes take her dog along as well.
In the winter season, Steffi enjoys cycling around in laps with her family.
Occasionally, she likes to hit the gym as well. Her preferred indoor workout options include yoga and Pilates. She relies on Pilates to strengthen her core and lower back muscles.
Regarding diet, she tries to eat more fruits and vegetables. She starts her day with healthy fresh fruit smoothies and restricts her sweets consumption.
Steffi Graf Favorite Things
- Fancy Dress Costume – Catwoman, Björk, Cher
- Guilty Pleasure – Sweets
- Book – The Tender Bar (By JR Moehringer)
Source – The Guardian
Steffi Graf Facts
- Steffi Graf is the first professional tennis player (male or female) to have won each Grand Slam event on at least four occasions.
- In 1988, she became the first professional tennis player (male or female) to complete the golden slam by winning four major Grand Slam titles along with the Olympic gold medal in a single calendar year (in 1988).
- In December 1999, the panel of tennis experts selected by the Associated Press declared Steffi, the greatest female tennis player of the 20th century.
- She has established a nonprofit foundation, Children for Tomorrow, which works to develop and implement projects to assist children suffering from trauma due to war or other crises.
- Graf holds the distinction of being one of the few professional tennis players to have been successful on grass, clay as well as hard court.
- In March 2012, the Tennis Channel placed her on #1spot in the list comprising of “100 Greatest Tennis Players of All-Time.”
- She started training in tennis at the age of 3 after her father, who was an aspiring coach, gave her a wooden racket and taught her how to swing it in their home’s living room.
- In November 2014, she managed to grab the third rank after a survey conducted by German network ZDF to compile the list of “100 Best German Sportsmen of All-Time.”
- She managed to win the “German Sportswoman of the Year” honor for 4 consecutive years from 1986 to 1989. She won it again in 1999.
- In 1997, she posed for the swimwear magazine, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in a bid to create a more feminine image.