|Stella McCartney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1971|
Stella McCartney is a successful English fashion designer. She is known for her sharply tailored and feminine style dresses, along with men’s and kids wear, and other signature wears like accessories, perfumes, and cosmetics. From being the daughter of famous parents Paul McCartney and Linda McCartney, Stella has confidently paved her way in the fashion industry. The Central Saint Martins’ graduate student has successfully collaborated with other renowned brands like Adidas, Gucci, and H&M. Stella has more than 1 million followers on Facebook, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 6 million followers on Instagram.
Stella Nina McCartney
Stelly, Stel, “Stella Steel”, “Unstoppable Stella”
Lambeth, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Stella McCartney studied in the local school called Bexhill College in East Sussex. Later, she joined Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication in London. She further went on to study Fashion Designing at Central Saint Martins in London and graduated in 1995.
- Father – Paul McCartney (Singer-Songwriter, Composer)
- Mother – Linda McCartney (Musician, Photographer)
- Siblings – Mary McCartney (Older Sister) (Photographer, Vegetarian Cookery Writer), James McCartney (Younger Brother) (Musician, Songwriter)
- Other – Heather McCartney (Older Half-Sister, legally adopted by Paul McCartney) Potter and Artist), Beatrice Milly McCartney (Younger Half-Sister), Heather Mills (Step-Mother) (Charity Campaigner), Alistair Donald (Sister-in-law), Alistair Donald (Former Brother-In-Law), Simon Aboud (Brother-In-Law), Arthur Alistair Donald, (Nephew), Elliot Donald (Nephew), James McCartney (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Patricia Mohin (Paternal Grandmother), (Maternal Grandfather), Louise Sara Linder (Maternal Grandmother)
Stella McCartney self manages her business.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stella McCartney has dated –
- Alasdhair Willis (2001-Present) – In August 2001, Stella started dating British business consultant and publisher Alasdhair Willis. They first met over a breakfast meeting at Brown’s when Alasdhair was hired to consult on her business. Soon after that, they started dating and 5 months later got engaged. The couple tied the knot at Mount Stuart House on the Isle of Bute in Scotland on August 30, 2003. Stella’s wedding gown was an updated version of her mother’s wedding dress with Paul McCartney from March 1969. Together they have 4 children – son Miller Alasdhair James Willis (b. 2005), daughter Bailey Linda Olwyn Willis (b. 2006), son Beckett Robert Lee Willis (b. 2008), and daughter Reiley Dilys Stella Willis (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish, English, Manx/Isle of Man, Ulster-Scots, Scottish, 1/32 Welsh, and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
She often highlights her hair.
- Wide forehead
- Rounded face with a rounded chin
- Usually keeps a middle hair parting
There is no information about any brand endorsement works that Stella McCartney has done previously.
Best Known For
- Her signature style of sharply tailored clothing and non-use of leather or fur in her design
- Her long collaboration with Adidas which led to her designing apparels for team Great Britain for both the Olympic and the Paralympic Games as Team GB’s Creative Director for the 2012 and 2016 Olympics
In 2016, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-crime film Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie.
First TV Show
In 2003, she made her first TV show appearance on the documentary series, Imagine.
Stella McCartney often works out in the gym. Apart from that, she likes to run, go swimming, and ride her bike and horses in the countryside.
Being a vegetarian since her childhood, she follows a strict vegetarian diet.
Stella McCartney Favorite Things
- Place To Be – Her farmland with her horse and kids
Source – InterviewMagazine.com
Stella McCartney Facts
- While studying in a state school, she bullied and was bullied by other students.
- She was named after her maternal great-grandmothers, whose names were both Stella.
- She used her father’s song “Stella May Day” to feature her graduating fashion show at Saint Martins, while her model friends Kate Moss, Yasmin Le Bon, and Naomi Campbell walked for her.
- Stella took over as the Creative Director of Chloe from Karl Lagerfeld in Paris in 1997.
- In 2000, she designed Madonna‘s wedding dress.
- In 2001, she launched her first fashion house under her name in a 50/50 partnership with Kering Group.
- She showcased her first fashion show under her label in October 2001.
- Stella’s designs include a collection of women’s ready-to-wear, men’s and kids wear, accessories, lingerie, eyewear, and fragrance.
- Stella has stores in Manhattan’s Soho, London’s Mayfair and Brompton Cross, Los Angeles’s West Hollywood, Paris’s Palais Royal, Milan, Tokyo, among others.
- In 2005, she launched a range of affordable clothing with H&M.
- In September 2004, she began a long partnership with Adidas launching a sports performance collection under the name “Adidas by Stella McCartney”.
- She shares a great friendship with actresses Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz, Liv Tyler, and Gwyneth Paltrow, and model Kate Moss.
- Her line of shoes has the tagline “Suitable for vegetarians” on the bottoms.
- For her services to the fashion industry, she received the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the Queen’s New Years Honours List in 2013.
- She has actively participated in many campaigns of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- Visit her official website @ stellamccartney.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Jaguar MENA / Flickr / CC BY-2.0