|Stephen Amell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1981|
Stephen Amell is a Canadian actor, producer, voiceover artist, and writer who is known for having been cast as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in six different television series: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Vixen, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman. The actor is also recognized for his roles such as Billy in Rent-a-Goalie, Jack Spade in Heels, Jason in Hung, Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Craig Riddlemeyer in ReGenesis, Scott Becker in Private Practice, and Brady in The Vampire Diaries.
Stephen Adam Amell
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stephen graduated from St. Andrew’s College in Aurora, Ontario.
Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Writer
- Father – Thomas J. Amell
- Mother – Sandra Anne Bolté
- Others – Robbie Amell (Younger First Cousin) (Actor, Producer), Robert John Amell (Paternal Grandfather), Rosemary Hewetson (Paternal Grandmother), Auguste Armour Bolté (Maternal Grandfather), Diana Roslyn Beck (Maternal Grandmother), Louis Jacob Breithaupt (Great Great Grandfather) (Manufacturer and political figure in Ontario who served as the Mayor of Berlin, Ontario (later Kitchener, Ontario), from 1888 to 1889)
Stephen is signed to Gary Goddard Agency Ltd., Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
82 kg or 182 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen Amell has dated –
- Carolyn Lawrence (2007-2010) – On December 8, 2007, he married Carolyn Lawrence in Toronto but the duo soon divorced in the year 2010.
- Cassandra Jean (2009-Present) – He is married to Cassandra Jean, an American model. The pair commenced dating in 2009 and on Christmas 2012, i.e. December 25, 2012, the couple married each other in a private ceremony in the Caribbean. They married again on May 26, 2013, and this time in New Orleans. In October 2013, Cassandra gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Mavi Alexandra. In June 2022, it was reported that the couple had welcomed their 2nd child, a baby boy named Bowen Amell (b. May 13, 2022), via a surrogate.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, German, and French-Canadian descent.
Best Known For
Playing Oliver Queen/The Arrow in The CW’s Arrow since 2012. For this role, he won the Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV Breakout Star”, Constellation Award for “Best Male Performance in a 2013 Science Fiction Television Episode”, Young Hollywood Award for “Super Superhero’, and MTV Fandom Award for “Ship of the Year” (shared w/ Emily Bett Rickards).
Stephen Amell appeared in the 2006 Lifetime Television film The House Next Door for his role as Buddy Harrelson.
First TV Show
In 2004, Amell appeared in Showtime’s television series Queer as Folk for his role as “Spinning instructor” in two episodes.
He has an amazing body and it is the result of his grueling workout. He once shared his fitness regime of a particular day on Facebook.
He spends a lot of time doing cardio and executing various exercises in the gym.
Stephen Amell Favorite Things
- Comic Book – Superman 75
Source – ComicBook.com
Stephen Amell Facts
- He entered into the show business in the form of an instructor (specifically, a spinning instructor). He used to be one in the olden days.
- In 2007, he won a Gemini Award in the category of “Best Performance by an Actor in a Guest Role Dramatic Series” for ReGenesis.
- He lent his voice to a 2013 video game Injustice: Gods Among Us to the character Green Arrow.
- He has appeared in The Vampire Diaries, CSI, Hung, etc.
- Stephen has become a skilled archer now.
- In 2020, he was also the victim of COVID-19 as he had contracted it.
- In 2020, while filming a stunt for the Starz show Heels, Stephen suffered a back injury.
- In June 2021, Stephen was removed from a Delta flight in Austin after getting into an argument with his wife Cassandra Jean in front of a plane full of passengers. He later revealed that he had too many drinks before getting on the plane.
- In September 2021, he got an outline of an arrowhead tattooed on his right arm as a tribute to his time on the superhero series, Arrow.
- In November 2022, Stephen filed a lawsuit against his neighbors and their animal rescue business, Rescues Rock Inc., claiming that their neighborhood was a residential zone and that the animal rescue business was illegally being run out of the house.