|Steven Adams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Steven Adams is a New Zealander professional basketball player who as of October 2023, had been playing for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Steven Funaki Adams
Rotorua, New Zealand
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Steven studied at Rotorua Lakes High School. Later, his brother Warren enrolled him at Scots College from where he graduated in December 2011.
Then, he enrolled at Notre Dame Preparatory School, Fitchburg, Massachusetts for a semester before enrolling at the University of Pittsburg in June 2012. However, he only attended one year of college before forgoing the final three years after being declared for the NBA draft on April 2, 2013.
- Father – Sid Adams (Served in the Royal Navy)
- Mother – Lilika Ngauamo
- Siblings – Warren (Brother) (National Baseball League Player), Sid Jr. (Brother) (National Baseball League Player), Gabriella Adams-Gavet (Sister) (Professional Basketball Player)
- Others – Dame Valerie Adams (Half-Sister) (Dual Olympic gold medallist and four-time world champion shot-putter), Lisa Adams (Half-Sister) (Para athlete who has won gold at the Paralympics in shot-put)
Steven is managed by Darren Matsubara and Wasserman.
Steven Adam’s net worth was ‘$20,000,000’ according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steven has dated –
- Kayla Kiriau – Steven has been in a relationship with fellow New Zealander basketball player Kayla Kiriau.
Race / Ethnicity
Steven has Tongan ancestry on his mother’s side and English ancestry on his father’s side.
- His sense of humor, down-to-earth personality, and humility
- Towering physical appearance
He has appeared in several commercials such as AT&T.
Steven Adams Favorite Things
- Video Games – Dota 2, Smite
Source – Sports Business Journal
Steven Adams Facts
- His father was originally from Bristol but later settled with his family in New Zealand.
- Steven was raised in a large family of 18 children and five women.
- His father stood at 6 ft 11 in or 211 cm tall.
- Steven is the youngest child and was born when his father was in his 60s. His father died when he was just 13 years old.
- After his father’s death, Steven was on the streets of Rotorua and his brother Warren rescued him and took him to Wellington and took care of him there.
- Warren introduced him to Wellington basketball legend Kenny McFadden who accepted him into his academy and trained him as well.
- He played for the Wellington Saints of the National Basketball League in 2011 and was named the New Zealand NBL Rookie of the Year.
- Steven was picked 12th overall in the 2013 NBA draft by the Oklahoma City Thunder on June 27, 2013. This made him the second New Zealander to be picked in the first round of an NBA draft.
- An autobiography called Steven Adams: My Life, My Fight was released in 2018 and was co-written by his childhood friend and journalist Madeleine Chapman.
- He was ranked at #78 in Forbes‘ “The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes” (2019).
- In late October 2023, Steven had to undergo surgery to address instability in his right knee.
- Steven has been sponsored by Adidas, Anheuser-Busch InBev, and Powerade.
Featured Image By All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0