|Sudeep Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1973|
Sudeep is an Indian actor, director, producer, screenwriter, TV presenter, and singer who predominantly works in Kannada language films. He has also been featured in a few Telugu, Hindi, and Tamil language movies. He is best known for his work in films such as Sparsha (2000), Kiccha (2003), Swathi Muthu (2003), My Autograph (2006), Kempe Gowda (2011), Eega (2012), Maanikya (2014), Ranna (2015), Hebbuli (2017), and Dabangg 3 (2019). Sudeep is also well recognized for hosting, since 2013, Bigg Boss Kannada, the Kannada version of Bigg Boss, the Indian adaptation of the global hit Dutch reality TV game show Big Brother. He has directed films like My Autograph (2006), No. 73 Shanthi Nivasa (2007), Veera Madakari (2009), Just Math Mathalli (2010), Kempe Gowda (2011), and Maanikya (2014). He also owns a film production company named Kiccha Creations.
Shivamogga, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India
Sudeep, after his high school graduation, had joined the Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, an autonomous engineering college in Bengaluru. He had graduated from there with a bachelor’s degree in industrial and production engineering. He had represented the college in under-17 cricket.
Sudeep had later undergone training at the Roshan Taneja School of Acting in Andheri West, Mumbai.
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter, TV Presenter, Singer
- Father – Sanjeev Manjappa
- Mother – Saroja
- Siblings – Sujatha (Sister)
6 ft 0¾ in or 185 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sudeep has dated –
- Priya Radhakrishna (2000-Present) – Sudeep had first met Priya Radhakrishna in Bengaluru in 2000 and they began dating soon after. The couple got married in 2001 and have a daughter together named Saanvi Sudeep (b. 2004). Sudeep and Priya had split for a while in 2015 but had reconciled soon after. Before the marriage, Priya used to work in an airline company and later in a bank.
- Nithya Menen (2015) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Sports a thick beard
Sudeep has served as the brand ambassador of –
- Joyalukkas (Indian multinational jewelry group)
- Bangalore Traffic Police Department
- Intex Technologies
- Paragon (footwear)
He has also been featured in TV commercials for OLX.in, an Indian e-commerce platform.
- In 2013, to mark World AIDS Day, he collaborated with several actors to record voiceovers for the interactive software of TeachAids, a nonprofit social enterprise that develops health education technology products for HIV/AIDS, concussions, and COVID-19, based on an approach invented at Stanford University.
- In June 2021, he and several other celebrities had participated in ‘Checkmate Covid’, a charity event where they played a series of friendly chess games hosted by former world chess champion Viswanathan Anand. Although Sudeep lost his game, his play was quite sophisticated which raised suspicions on online platforms that he was cheating using chess engines.
- Soon after this incident, Sudeep’s account on chess.com was suspended, temporarily. Anand had to come to his rescue by stating that he felt that the games were played in good faith and, perhaps, some participants had not fully understood/appreciated the rules and ethics of online chess.
- He has served as the captain of the Karnataka Bulldozers team that competes in the Celebrity Cricket League, an amateur men’s cricket league in India.
- In 2013, he launched an event management company called Stage 360°.
Featured Image by Sudeep / Instagram