Alexa Ellesse Vega
Miami, Florida, United States
Vega attended Notre Dame Catholic High School.
Actress and Singer
- Father – Baruch Vega (Colombian Fashion Model Photographer)
- Mother – Gina Rue (American Former Model)
- Siblings – Paternal half-sister Margaux Vega (b. 1981), sister Krizia Vega (b. 1990), sister Makenzie Vega (b. 1994; starred in Saw and Sin City), maternal half-sister Greylin James (b.2000), maternal half-brother Jet James (b. 2005), and maternal half-brother Cruz Hudson Rue (b. 2009)
She is signed with these agencies –
- United Talent Agency
- John Carrabino Management
Pop / Rock
Not signed with any.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
48 kg or 106 pounds
Boyfriends / Spouse
Alexa has dated –
- Sean Covel (2008-2012) – She married film producer Sean Covel on October 10, 2010 in a ceremony held at Lead, South Dakota. In July 2012, he had announced her divorce with Sean Covel via Twitter.
- Ronnie Radke (2012) – She had a fling with Radke (American singer) in August 2012.
- Carlos Pena (2012-Present) – Vega is dating Big Time Rush TV actor and band member Carlos Pena since December 2012. Their relationship was confirmed by nickutopia.com. The duo engaged in August 2013 and on January 5, 2014, they married in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short stature
35-25-33 in or 89-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Alexa has appeared in numerous commercials such as Pillsbury Cookies ad, Happy Meal ad, JC Penney ad, etc.
Best Known For
her role as Carmen Cortez in the Spy Kids film series and Shilo Wallace in the 2008 horror-rock opera musical film Repo! the Genetic Opera.
Alexa’s debut song was Isle of Dreams for the movie album Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams, which was released in 2002. The song was written by Robert Rodriguez.
1994 family sports comedy film, Little Giants for her role as Priscilla O’Shea. She didn’t star in this movie. The main star cast was Rick Moranis and Ed O’Neill who appeared as brothers in a small Ohio town, coaching rival Pee-Wee Football teams.
First TV Show
From 1993 to 1994, she appeared on American sitcom television series Evening Shade that aired on CBS from 1990 to 1994. She got a chance to get into 6 episodes during this period for her role as Emily Newton.
Vega likes to stay fit and for that, she goes to the gym 4 times a week. When she gets overweight, she joins dance classes to get into sexy shape. Other than going to the gym, she does Pilates, yoga, and goes for spinning classes.
Jenny Tate, Hollywood fitness trainer helps her in Pilates. Her workout was intense when she had to transform herself into a spy body for the Spy Kids movie series. She also had to change her eating habits to get that desired figure.
Alexa Vega Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Crab Legs with marinara sauce
- Favorite TV Show – Friends
- Favorite Song – Overprotected (by Britney Spears)
- Favorite Animal – Hamster
- Favorite Lip Gloss – Bonne Bell Cotton Candy Lip Smacker
- Favorite Bands – Play and Blink-182
- Favorite Movies – Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994), Paper Moon (1973), Leon: The Professional (1994)
- Favorite Authors – J.K. Rowling, Roald Dahl, William Shakespeare
- Favorite Actor – Rupert Grint
- Favorite Actress – Anthony Hopkins, Jim Carey, Natalie Portman, Jodie Foster
Source – IMDb
Alexa Vega Facts
- Alexa Vega can speak fluent Spanish.
- She likes freshwater fishing.
- She is an experienced gymnast as well.
- When she was four years old, she moved to California with her family.
- Her favorite person is Rupert Grint (who played Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter film series).
- She is close friends with Nikki Reed.
- She became famous after performing in Spy Kids series.
- She has a celebrity crush on Frankie Muniz.
- She is half Colombian.
- She has 6 siblings. For their names, see her family.