Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint
Harlow, Essex, England
Rupert went to St Joseph’s Primary School in Hertford. He started performing in school plays and joined a theater group while in this school. Subsequently, he attended Richard Hale School in Hertford, Hertfordshire.
At the age of 16, he left school to focus fully on his acting career.
- Father – Nigel Grint (Memorabilia Dealer)
- Mother – Joanne Grint (née Parsons) (Housewife)
- Siblings – James Grint (Younger Brother), Samantha Grint (Younger Sister), Charlotte Grint (Younger Sister), Georgina Grint (Younger Sister)
Rupert is signed to Hamilton Hodell Talent Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rupert Grint dated –
- Katie Lewis (2004-2008) – British actors Katie Lewis and Rupert Grint first met at a gig in east London on November 19, 2004. They were rumored to be dating from that time until May 8, 2008. Rupert left her to date Lily Allen.
- Lily Allen (2008) – Singer Lily Allen met Rupert during the premiere of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix in February 2008. They were rumored to have had a fling at that time.
- Kimberley Nixon (2008-2009) – He worked with actress Kimberley Nixon to appear in the small budgeted drama film “Cherrybomb” in 2009. They sparked rumors of dating in late 2008 when they were seen partying during New Year’s eve. None of them admitted to dating.
- Georgia Groome (2011-Present) – In 2011, Rupert Grint dated another actress Georgia Groome for a couple of months. But, soon after, the two reconciled. They are in an ON and OFF relationship since 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
- Red hair
- Catchphrase – “Bloody hell!”
His shoe size is speculated to be 10 (US) or 9 (UK).
Grint has appeared in commercials on Visit England Tourism Campaign, SKY Christmas, “Holidays at home are great” commercial and many others.
He was announced as the Starlight ambassador in the past.
Best Known For
Playing Ron Weasley (one of the three main characters) in the Harry Potter film series. Rupert appeared in all the eight films in the series from 2001 to 2011 alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson.
In 2001, he appeared in the fantasy film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone for his role as Ron Weasley.
First TV Show
In 2010, Rupert guest appeared in BBC’s mockumentary television comedy series Come Fly with Me as himself in just one episode.
For the film Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I, he didn’t visit any gym as he didn’t feel the need to do so.
He is not very sporty in nature. He likes to watch sports rather than take part in it.
Rupert Grint Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- TV Shows – Saved by the Bell (1989-1993), The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, SpongeBob SquarePants (1999-)
- Website – eBay
- Bands – The Arctic Monkeys
- Actor – Jim Carrey
- Music – Classic rock and roll
- Movies – Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Dumb & Dumber (1994), Shrek (2001)
- Restaurant – The Bull Inn, UK
Rupert Grint Facts
- In 2011, Rupert appeared in the music video of Ed Sheeran‘s “Lego House.”
- When he was cast in the Harry Potter film series, he had no prior experience in movies professionally other than his school plays and school theater group.
- He was only 11 when he was cast in Harry Potter film series.
- To promote daily milk drinking among kids, he appeared in an ad campaign of “Make Mine Milk” alongside other celebs.
- He is afraid of spiders (which is called arachnophobia), just like his movie character of Ron Weasley.
- Rupert has 2 dogs – Ruby (Black Lab) and Fudge (Chocolate Lab).
- Harry Potter co-star Tom Felton and Rupert Grint are good friends.
- He had a childhood dream to be an ice-cream man, and so he purchased an ice-cream van later after earning some money from acting.
- He is actively involved in some charities.
- He is the eldest in his family and has 4 younger siblings.
- He got a unicycle on his 14th birthday and so knows how to ride it.
- As claimed by Harry Potter co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, Rupert is amazingly lazy.
- For a kiss between Ron and Lavender (Jessie Cave) in the Harry Potter film, Rupert took an estimated 10 takes. This is what Rupert estimates himself.
- He had his first kiss at the age of 10.
- He laughs and giggles at times for no reason. Rupert considers this as his worst habit.
- He is the favorite actor of Emma Roberts and Alexa Vega.
- He passed his driving test on the second attempt.
- He likes to play golf, play practical jokes on others, hovercrafting, and reading.
- He can play guitar and also a little bit of didgeridoo.