|Rupert Grint Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1988|
Rupert Grint is an English actor, voiceover artist, and theatre artist who is best known for having been cast as Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter film series. This role won him several accolades including the 2002 Satellite Award for “Outstanding New Talent”, 2002 Young Artist Award for “Most Promising Young Newcomer”, 2011 BBC Radio 1 Teen Award for “Best British Actor”, and 2012 2012 MTV Movie Award for “Best Cast” (shared with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Tom Felton). Apart from the Harry Potter film series, he has also been cast in a variety of roles in other films and shows such as August “Gustl” Kubizek in Urban Myths, Julian Pearce in Servant, Daniel Glass in Sick Note, Cheetah Chrome in CBGB, Charlie Cavendish in Snatch, Gunner Robert Smith in Cross of Honour, Ben Marshall in Driving Lessons, and Tony in Wild Target.
Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint
Harlow, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Rupert went to St Joseph’s Primary School in Hertford. He started performing in school plays and joined a theater group while in this school. Subsequently, he attended Richard Hale School in Hertford, Hertfordshire.
At the age of 16, he left school to focus fully on his acting career.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist
- Father – Nigel Grint (Racing Memorabilia Dealer)
- Mother – Joanne Grint (née Parsons) (Housewife)
- Siblings – James Grint (Younger Brother), Samantha Grint (Younger Sister), Charlotte Grint (Younger Sister), Georgina Grint (Younger Sister)
- Others – Christopher Alexander Grint (Paternal Grandfather), Paula A. Rudkin (Paternal Grandmother), Malcolm R. Parsons (Maternal Grandfather), Andrea M. Sharkey (Maternal Grandmother)
Rupert has been signed to Hamilton Hodell Talent Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rupert Grint has dated –
- Katie Lewis (2004-2008) – British actors Katie Lewis and Rupert Grint first met at a gig in east London on November 19, 2004. They were rumored to be dating from that time until May 8, 2008. Rupert left Katie to date Lily Allen.
- Lily Allen (2008) – Singer Lily Allen met Rupert during the premiere of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix in February 2008. They were rumored to have had a fling at that time.
- Kimberley Nixon (2008-2009) – He worked with actress Kimberley Nixon to appear in the small budgeted drama film “Cherrybomb” in 2009. They sparked rumors of dating in late 2008 when they were seen partying during New Year’s eve. None of them admitted to dating.
- Georgia Groome (2011-Present) – In 2011, Rupert Grint dated another actress Georgia Groome for a couple of months and separated. However, the two reconciled soon after. They are in an ON and OFF relationship since 2011. In May 2020, Rupert became a father as the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Wednesday.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and Irish descent.
- Red hair
- Catchphrase – “Bloody hell!”
His shoe size is speculated to be 10 (US) or 9 (UK).
Grint has appeared in commercials on Visit England Tourism Campaign, SKY Christmas, “Holidays at home are great” commercial, and many others.
He was announced as the Starlight ambassador in the past.
Best Known For
Playing Ron Weasley (one of the three main characters) in the Harry Potter film series. Rupert appeared in all the eight films in the series from 2001 to 2011 alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson.
In 2001, he appeared in the fantasy film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone for his role as Ron Weasley.
First TV Show
In 2010, Rupert guest appeared in BBC’s mockumentary television comedy series Come Fly with Me as himself in just one episode.
For the film Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I, he didn’t visit any gym as he didn’t feel the need to do so.
He is not very sporty in nature. He likes to watch sports rather than take part in them.
Rupert Grint Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- TV Shows – Saved by the Bell, The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, SpongeBob SquarePants
- Website – eBay
- Bands – The Arctic Monkeys
- Actor – Jim Carrey
- Music – Classic rock and roll
- Movies – Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Dumb & Dumber (1994), Shrek (2001)
- Restaurant – The Bull Inn, UK
Source – Seventeen.com, Telegraph.co.uk, IMDb
Rupert Grint Salary for Harry Potter Films
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – $4 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 – $15 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 – $15 million
Rupert Grint Facts
- In 2011, Rupert appeared in the music video of Ed Sheeran‘s “Lego House.”
- When he was cast in the Harry Potter film series, he had no prior experience in movies professionally other than his school plays and school theater group.
- He was only 11 when he was cast in the Harry Potter film series.
- To promote daily milk drinking among kids, he appeared in an ad campaign of “Make Mine Milk” alongside other celebs.
- He is afraid of spiders (which is called arachnophobia), just like his movie character Ron Weasley.
- Rupert has 2 dogs – Ruby (Black Lab) and Fudge (Chocolate Lab).
- Harry Potter co-star Tom Felton and Rupert Grint are good friends.
- He had a childhood dream to be an ice-cream man, and so he purchased an ice-cream van later after earning some money from acting.
- He is actively involved in some charities.
- He is the eldest in his family and has 4 younger siblings.
- He got a unicycle on his 14th birthday and so knows how to ride it.
- As claimed by Harry Potter co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, Rupert is amazingly lazy.
- For a kiss between Ron and Lavender (Jessie Cave) in the Harry Potter film, Rupert took an estimated 10 takes. This is what Rupert estimates himself.
- He had his first kiss at the age of 10.
- He laughs and giggles at times for no reason. Rupert considers this as his worst habit.
- He is the favorite actor of Emma Roberts and Alexa Vega.
- He passed his driving test on the second attempt.
- He likes to play golf, play practical jokes on others, hover crafting, and reading.
- He can play the guitar and also a little bit of didgeridoo.
- In November 2020, he joined Instagram and gained 1 million followers in just 4 hours and 1 minute. With this, he made the record to be the fastest person ever to reach 1 million followers on Instagram.
- During the London Olympics 2012, he had participated in the Olympic torch relay.
- He had caught H1N1 swine flu during the 2009-2010 influenza pandemic.
- His theatre credits include playing Sweets in the Harold Pinter Theatre, London production of Mojo in 2013 and Frank Finger in the Broadway production of It’s Only a Play at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre in 2014.
- For his performance in Mojo, he received the WhatsOnStage Award for “Best London Newcomer of the Year” in 2014.
- From 2017 to 2018, he appeared as Charlie Cavendish-Scott, Albert’s partner-in-crime who comes from an aristocratic family, in the crime comedy-drama web television series, Snatch.
- In an interview with Variety in February 2021, Rupert revealed that he had still not watched the majority of the Harry Potter films.