|Sunil Narine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1988|
Sunil Narine is a Trinidadian professional cricketer who has represented the West Indies primarily in the limited-overs formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a bowling all-rounder. Between June 2012 and December 2013, he had also played 6 test matches for the team. A mystery bowler possessing an abundance of bowling variations, he has been the subject of much attention for the constant scrutiny over the legality of his bowling action. He has been cautioned and even suspended for bowling with an illegitimate action multiple times in his career. Although he has continued to ply his trade prolifically in T20 leagues around the world, his international career has suffered massively as a result of this scrutiny. As of May 2021, he had not played an ODI for the West Indies for nearly 5 years and had not represented them in a T20I match for nearly 2 years. In the Caribbean domestic circuit, he has played for his home country of Trinidad and Tobago (2009–Present) across all 3 formats.
Sunil Philip Narine
Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
- Father – Shadeed Narine (Deceased)
- Mother – Christina Narine
He is represented by Insignia Sports International, Sports Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
Right-Arm Off Break
- 74 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Kolkata Knight Riders (IPL), Guyana Amazon Warriors (CPL), Trinbago Knight Riders (CPL), Lahore Qalandars (PSL), Dhaka Dynamites (BPL)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sunil has dated –
- Nandita Kumar (2013-Present) – Sunil got married to a professional nail artist named Nandita Kumar in 2013. They have a son together named Silas Narine (b. February 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and Black)
He is of Indian descent on his father’s side and Afro-Trinidadian descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Sports the mohawk hairstyle
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Wears ear studs
Sunil Narine Facts
- Sunil, a genuine T20 superstar, has been named the ‘Most Valuable Player’ of the IPL twice (2012, 2018). As of May 2021, only Shane Watson (2008, 2013) and Andre Russell (2015, 2019) had achieved this feat on more than one occasion.
- He holds the record for picking the most number of wickets (39) in the now-defunct Champions League Twenty20 (2008-2014) tournament.
- His father had named him after legendary Indian batsman Sunil Gavaskar as he was a huge fan of the batting great.
- In a 2014 CPL match, he had become the first player to bowl a maiden (no runs conceded) in a super over (tie-breaking spell of 6 balls).
- A valuable mystery bowler who can contribute crucial runs with the bat, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Kolkata Knight Riders (2012-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); Sydney Sixers (2012-13) and Melbourne Renegades (2016-17) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Barisal Burners (2013), Comilla Victorians (2015-2016), and Dhaka Dynamites (2017-Present) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); Guyana Amazon Warriors (2013-2015) and Trinbago Knight Riders (2016-Present) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); and Lahore Qalandars (2017-2018) and Quetta Gladiators (2019) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League).
Featured Image by Sunil Narine / Instagram