|Sunny Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1989|
Sunny is a singer and actress of South Korean origins. She is best known for being a member of the South Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation. Since her debut with the band, she has provided her vocals to many famous songs like Heart Throbbing, U&I, Time, First Kiss, I Love You, I Love You, You Don’t Know About Love, and It’s Love. Sunny has a huge fan base with over 6 million followers on Instagram.
Sunny, Soonkyu, DJ Soon, Ssun, Sunny Bunny, Choi Danshin (The Shortest)
Orange County, California, United States
Sunny attended the Baehwa All-Girls High School in South Korea.
Singer, Entertainer, Actress
- Father – Lee Soo-young
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lee Eun-kyu (Older Sister), Lee Jin-kyu (Older Sister)
- Others – Lee Soo-man (Uncle) (Founder of SM Entertainment)
Sunny is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-Pop, Bubblegum Pop, Electropop, EDM, R&B
SM Entertainment, EMI Japan, Interscope Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sunny had been in a relationship but she has refrained from divulging any information about the topic. While she appeared on the SBS variety show, Roommate, Sunny said that she did date a celebrity and thought it would be easy dating an artist but it did not work out for them because of their busy schedules.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair ‘light brown’, ‘red’, or ‘blonde’.
Sunny has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Goobne Chicken (Korean Chicken Chain)
- Samantha Thavasa
- Domino’s Pizza
- Dior Snow
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation
- Having been cast as Brenda in the 2012-2013 musical Catch Me If You Can. She was nominated for Best New Actress at the 6th Musical Awards for her performance in the musical.
Along with the group Girls’ Generation, Sunny released her first studio album, Girls’ Generation, in November 2007.
Sunny made her theatrical film debut in the documentary film, I Am, in 2012.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Miranda in the animated action comedy, The Outback, in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in the KBS2 sitcom, Unstoppable Marriage, in 2008.
Sunny Favorite Things
- Food – Fruits
- After her birth, Sunny’s family moved to Kuwait for a short period but then got settled in South Korea at the time of the Gulf War.
- She joined SM Entertainment in 1998 and trained with them for almost 5 years before her debut.
- She later changed her agency to Starworld agency where her father worked as the manager and was set to make her debut with a group called Sugar. However, things didn’t work out.
- In early 2007, she rejoined SM Entertainment and continued her training.
- In August 2007, she made her official debut with the girl group Girls’ Generation.
- She has also worked as a solo artist and has sung songs for many television shows and movies such as ‘You Don’t Know About Love’ for the SBS’s drama show Working Mom and ‘Finally Now’ for the interactive movie Story of Wine.
- As she experienced the Gulf War as a child, she has a fear of loud noises, especially, fireworks.
- Sunny dislikes red bean paste and soy milk.
- She is the shortest member of the group and Sunny and Taeyeon together are referred to as ‘the short duo’ by the rest of the band members of Girls’ Generation.
- Follow Sunny on Instagram.
Featured Image by Sunny / Instagram