|Susan Anton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1950|
Susan Anton is an American actress, singer, voiceover artist, former model, producer, and theatre artist who is known for her successful career in the entertainment industry. She has appeared in a wide range of shows and movies which include the likes of Goldengirl, Spring Fever, Cannonball Run II, Making Mr. Right, Lena’s Holiday, New Jersey Turnpikes, Playing with Fire, Christmas in Hawaii, The Magic of Christmas, Christmas with the Stars, Serpico, Police Story, Hunter, The Mike Douglas Show, Stop Susan Williams, Presenting Susan Anton, The Love Boat, Super Password, Mr. Belvedere, It’s Garry Shandling’s Show, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Out of This World, The Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Home & Family, The Chuck Woolery Show, The Merv Griffin Show, The Tim Conway Show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Moreover, over the years, Susan Anton has also branched out as a singer as well as a producer and has worked on a couple of projects.
Susan Ellen Anton
Oak Glen, San Bernardino County, California, United States
Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States
Susan Anton studied at Yucaipa High School which is located in Yucaipa, San Bernardino County, California. After graduating high school, she went on to study at San Bernardino Valley College, a public community college located in San Bernardino County, California, United States.
Actress, Singer, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Theatre Artist, Former Model
- Father – Wallace Anton
- Mother – Lou Anton
- Siblings – Unknown
Susan Anton is represented by Bette Smith Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Susan Anton released her album, One Night, via Varese in 2001.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Susan Anton has dated –
- Jack Stein (1975-1980) – In 1975, Susan Anton got married to Jack Stein. The couple remained married for around 5 years before calling in quits and getting a divorce in 1980.
- Sylvester Stallone (1979-1980) – Susan Anton started going out with the popular actor, director, screenwriter, and producer, Sylvester Stallone, during the latter part of the year 1979. Sylvester Stallone is popularly known for portraying the character of the boxer named Rocky Balboa in the successful Rocky series. Their relationship attracted much media attention as Stallone was married at that time. However, after dating for a couple of months, their romance fizzled out and the duo decided to head separate ways in March 1980.
- Dudley Moore (1981-1982) – Susan Anton also had a fling with the late English actor, comedian, musician, and composer, Dudley Moore, as they started going out in 1981. He was a popular comedy film actor and had been a part of a number of movies such as Foul Play, Micki & Maude, Santa Claus: The Movie, Blame It on the Bellboy, Like Father Like Son, and Arthur. Susan and Dudley Moore’s relationship also became the talk of the town because of a very noticeable difference in their heights as he was just 5 ft 2½ in tall while Susan’s height towered up to 5 ft 11 in. Eventually, their relationship came to an end as they broke up the following year in 1982.
- J. Fred Knobloch (1982) – In 1982, it was reported that Susan Anton had a short-termed romance with the country singer and songwriter, J. Fred Knobloch. However, the relationship got dissolved the same year.
- Jeff Lester (1991-Present) – It was the year 1991 when Susan Anton started dating actor Jeff Lester. He is known for his roles in a variety of shows and movies such as Once a Hero, Seinfeld, Baywatch, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and The Little Drummer Girl. Soon after, the couple tied the knot on August 15, 1992, and has been together ever since and they have also worked together professionally.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Deep voice
Susan Anton has appeared in a couple of commercials for brands such as –
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattresses (TV Commercial) (1979)
- Muriel Air Tips & Coronella Miniature Cigars (Radio/TV Commercial) (1977, 1979)
Best Known For
- Playing a variety of roles in various movies such as Goldine Serafin in Goldengirl, Stevie Castle in Spring Fever, Jill, Lamborghini Babe in Cannonball Run II, Soap Opera Actress in Making Mr. Right, Sara in Lena’s Holiday, Dixie Dawson in Whistlin’ Dixie, Betty Sue Allen – Last Year’s Queen in The Great American Beauty Contest, Susan Williams in The Girl Who Saved the World, Kalotte in The Boy Who Loved Trolls, Betty (Gambler) in Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens, and Sandra Nevell in Playing with Fire
- Having appeared in several shows such as Serpico, Police Story, Hunter, Hollywood Squares, The Mike Douglas Show, Stop Susan Williams, Presenting Susan Anton, The Love Boat, Mike Hammer, Super Password, Mr. Belvedere, It’s Garry Shandling’s Show, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Famous Teddy Z, Out of This World, The Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Home & Family, The Chuck Woolery Show, The Merv Griffin Show, The Tim Conway Show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Susan Anton released her debut album, One Night, via Varese in 2001.
Also, she released her single, Killin’ Time (with Fred Knoblock), in the year 1980 and it was ranked at number #10 in the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, at number #28 in the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and at number #39 in the CAN Country chart.
As a voiceover artist, Susan Anton made her theatrical film debut by providing her singing voice to the character of Princess Elinore/The Balladeer in the animated post-apocalyptic science fantasy film, Wizards, in 1977 and the lead cast of the film included the likes of Bob Holt, Jesse Welles, Richard Romanus, David Proval, and Steve Gravers. However, Susan Anton’s part went uncredited.
In the year 1979, Susan Anton made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Goldine Serafin in the sci-fi sports drama film, Goldengirl. Directed by Joseph Sargent, Susan Anton starred in the movie alongside the likes of James Coburn, Leslie Caron, Robert Culp, Harry Guardino, and Curt Jurgens.
First TV Show
Susan Anton made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of a model in an episode, titled Strike!, of the NBC crime drama series, Serpico, which aired on November 5, 1976, and it starred actors, David Birney and Tom Atkins.
The same day, she also appeared as ‘Herself’ in an episode of the talk show series, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
Susan Anton stays fit by maintaining an active lifestyle. She has also often indulged in various forms of cardio training sessions such as dance cardio.
Susan Anton Favorite Things
- Holiday Song – I’ll Be Home for Christmas
- Song To Sing – Forever Young by Bob Dylan
Source – PalmSpringsLife.com
Susan Anton Facts
- In 1969, she won the Miss California beauty contests. The same year, Susan Anton also wrapped up her Miss America Scholarship Pageant journey as a runner-up.
- She was ranked as one of the 12 “Promising New Actors of 1979” in John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 31 in 1979.
- Susan Anton has also served as the headliner at the Manhattan’s Rainbow & Stars cabaret room.
- She enjoys playing golf in her free time.
- When she was 19 years old, Susan Anton participated in the television game show, Password.
- In February 2006, she played the role of Velma Von Tussle in a production of the play titled Hairspray at the Luxor Hotel located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- She has also been a part of several stage productions which include the likes of The Will Rogers Follies, Hurlyburly, Grumpy Old Men – The Musical, and They’re Playing Our Song.
- Susan Anton has performed a number of songs in several shows and movies which include the likes of Only Time Will Tell in Wizards, Slow Down I’ll Find You in Goldengirl, Killin’ Time in American Bandstand, Easy Lover in Spring Fever, and Nobody Does Me and Anything You Ask in Baywatch.
- As a producer, her credits include working on projects such as The Last Real Cowboys and Speed of Life.
- Visit her official website @ susananton.com.
- Susan Anton does not have a verified social media account.
Featured Image by DENISE A. RAYDER / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain