Tara Lyn Charendoff
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tara Strong went to the Forest Hill Collegiate Institute for her high school education and graduated in 1991.
She then got enrolled at The Second City in Toronto for Improv classes.
Actress, Voice Actress
- Father – Syd Charendoff (Pharmacist and also ran candy and novelty store)
- Mother – Lucy Charendoff (Assisted her husband in running their candy and novelty store)
- Siblings – Marla Charendoff (Older Sister)
Tara Strong is represented by –
- Voicestarz, Inc. (Talent Agency)
- Wright Entertainment, Inc.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tara Strong has dated –
- Craig Strong (2000-Present) – Tara got married to actor and voice actor Craig Strong in 2000. She had first met Craig in 1999. In February 2002, she gave birth to their first son, Sammy James Strong. In August 2004, they welcomed their second son, Aden Joshua Strong, into their family.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian Jewish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Petite figure
- High cheekbones
Tara Strong has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Amoco Gasoline
- Payless ShoeSource
- Goldfish (Snack foods)
She was raised in a Jewish household.
Best Known For
- Having lent her voice to the characters from popular animated series such as Rugrats, The Powerpuff Girls, The Fairly OddParents, and Drawn Together.
- Having done voiceover work for a number of popular games such as Final Fantasy X & Final Fantasy X-2, Mortal Kombat X, and the Batman: Arkham series.
In 1989, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, The Long Road Home.
First TV Show
In 1986, Tara Strong made her TV show debut in The Miller’s Son episode of the drama TV series, The Campbells.
Tara Strong Favorite Things
- Alcoholic Beverage – Blueberry mojitos, Vodka cranberry
- My Little Pony Episode – Lessons Zero
- Animal – Dogs
Source – Reddit
Tara Strong Facts
- In 2001, she collaborated with her husband to establish VoiceStarz, Inc., which is an Internet-based company that guides people aiming to enter the voiceover industry.
- She has 2 pet dogs – a Bernese Mountain Dog named Baci and a little white mutt named Latka.
- Tara became interested in acting at the age of 4. She started volunteering as a soloist in the school productions of various plays.
- Early in her career, she often used to work with the Yiddish Theater. However, she didn’t know the Yiddish language so she had to memorize her lines phonetically.
- Tara got her first professional acting gig in Limelight Theater’s production of The Music Man. She was cast in the role of Gracie and was 13 years old at that time.
- Tara and her husband have patented and developed a range of baby bottles that have caps, which can be used to note breast milk storage calendar date.
- She collaborated with a charity group known as Bronies for Good to raise funds for a girl, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- At the BronyCon event in New Jersey in 2012, she had a lunch with her fans from the US military.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Tara Rochelle / www.tararochelle.com / CC BY-SA 3.0