There are literally thousands of celebrity diets that people can choose from. Therefore you would think that choosing a celebrity diet to follow would be a pretty easy and straightforward task. But you would be wrong. Because there is so much choice, figuring out what diet you should pick is actually extremely difficult and can be quite a stressful experience. But, luckily for you, reading this article will help you to come to a definite decision. This is because it looks at 3 of the most popular celebrity diets and informs you about what’s good and bad about each of them.
#1 The Master Cleanse Diet
The Master Cleanse diet is also known by quite a few other names such as the lemonade diet, the maple syrup diet and the cayenne pepper diet. This diet was made famous by the celebrity Beyonce Knowles who lost a lot of weight when she used it to prepare for her role in the movie Dreamgirls. There are 3 different stages to this diet. The first stage is the ease-in period, which lasts for 3 days and involves removing any processed food from your diet. The second phase is the lemonade diet, which consists of only drinking a mixture of lemonade, cayenne pepper and maple syrup for 10 days and taking a laxative before bed. The final stage is the ease-out stage, which is where you slowly begin to eat more complex foods again.
- It’s proven to result in rapid weight loss in a short period of time.
- It’s straightforward to follow.
- It doesn’t cost a lot to do.
- People report feeling refreshed and detoxed after being on the diet.
- It is quite a mentally taxing diet as it takes a lot of dedication.
- Some people have experienced issues such as stomach pains from going on the diet.
- It’s not 100% effective.
#2 The Zone Diet
Sometimes the zone diet is referred to as the Jennifer Aniston diet as she is the celebrity that is credited with making this diet so popular. The basic concept of this diet is that you receive 40% of your daily calories from carbs, 30% from healthy fats and 30% from protein. This does require a little bit of maths but it isn’t too complex. This ratio is split between 3 main meals and 2 snacks, which is designed to ensure you are never hungry.
- You still have the freedom to decide what you eat as long as it fits within the determined ratios.
- This diet doesn’t require you to neglect any nutrients, meaning you will still be receiving a balanced diet.
- It’s designed so you never feel hungry so you are less likely to be tempted to stray from the diet.
- Getting this diet right can be incredibly tricky due to the maths involved.
- It isn’t ideal for drastic weight loss as it’s more of a long-term diet.
- It’s a temperamental diet known to work for some but not for others.
#3 The 3-Hour Diet
Jessica Biel is the celebrity that brought the 3-hour diet to the attention of the public. It’s probably one of the most straightforward celebrity diets, the fundamental principle being simply eating a small meal every three hours. The diet requires you to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up then a small meal every 3 hours thereafter up until 3 hours before you go to bed.
- It’s probably the most “safest” celebrity diet as it doesn’t require anything drastic.
- You have pretty much complete freedom to eat what you wish as long as the portions are correct.
- The 3-hour rule prevents you from getting hungry.
- The diet increases your metabolism, thus helps to burn more calories.
- It can be quite an expensive diet to follow.
- It can be difficult to fit into your daily routine.
Picking a celebrity diet can be tough and it’s important to bear in mind that they all have their pros and cons. The way you should go about picking one is determining which diet best suits you in terms of the time you have set yourself to lose weight, the cost and whether it is going to be easy to follow the diet when going about your daily life.