|Theo Walcott Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Theo Walcott is an English professional footballer who is best known for his career as a forward for Southampton and previously for the English national team. He had also played for teams like Arsenal and Everton in the past. During the course of his career, Theo has won several tournaments such as FA Cup, FA Community Shield, Football League Cup, UEFA European Under-21 Championship, and has been the recipient of honors like BBC Young‘s “Sports Personality of the Year” and BBC London‘s “Young Footballer of the Year”.
Theo James Walcott
Theo, The Newbury Express
Stanmore, London, England
Theo Walcott attended Compton Church of England Primary School in Newbury. He then moved to the state run secondary school, The Downs School in Compton Village.
Theo developed his soccer skills while playing for Compton local club before joining the youth squad of A.F.C. Newbury. His talent attracted attention from Swindon Town, where he stayed for 6 months before getting signed up by the famed academy of Southampton FC.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Donald Walcott
- Mother – Lynne Walcott
- Siblings – Hollie Walcott (Older Sister) (Female Bodybuilder and Fitness Model), Ashley Walcott (Older Brother) (Chef)
- Others – Yvonne Walcott (Aunt), Jacob Walcott (Cousin) (Professional Soccer Player)
Theo Walcott is represented by Colin Gordon of Key Sports Managment Ltd.
14 – Arsenal
23 – England
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Theo Walcott dated –
- Melanie Slade (2004-Present) – Theo Walcott first met Melanie outside the shop she was working in; in the WestQuay shopping center in Southampton. Almost after a decade of dating, they got married in a fairy tale wedding hosted at the Italian castle Castello Di Vincigliata in Florence and attended by Walcott’s Arsenal teammates. On April 10, 2014, Melanie gave birth to their son, Finley James Walcott. They welcomed a 2nd son named Arlo on November 26, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
His father is of Jamaican descent, whereas his mother has white English ancestry.
- Tattoos on forearms
- Buzz cut
- Facial hair
Theo Walcott signed a commercial deal with Nike at the age of 14.
In February 2015, he ended his longtime association with Nike and signed up with Adidas.
He has also starred with his Arsenal teammates Petr Cech and Danny Welbeck in advert for Europcar and Dasher Beer.
Best Known For
- Playing for English Premier League club Arsenal FC
- His speed and direct style of play
First Soccer Match
Theo Walcott made his first appearance for Southampton FC in a home Championship tie against Wolverhampton Wolves on August 5, 2005. He came on as a substitute in 0-0 draw.
On August 19, 2006, he made his senior debut for Arsenal FC against Aston Villa in a Premier League match. He was sent in the second half and assisted Gilberto Silva in his goal.
He turned out for the English National Team for the first time in a friendly match against Hungary in 3-1 win on May 30, 2006. He became the youngest ever national player with this appearance.
- Direct running
- Tactical discipline
- Decision making
- Injury history
In 2011, Theo appeared as himself in the sports film Arsenal Robin Van Persie 100 Goals.
First TV Show
Other than soccer matches, Theo’s first TV show appearance came in the game show A Question of Sport as a guest in 2007.
Theo’s personal trainer is Bradley Simmons, who used to play for QPR before knee injury ended his soccer career at a very young age. Before the start of the 2016 season, Simmons devised workout focused on glutes, core and upper body strength for pre-season.
Due to Walcott’s training commitments with Arsenal, Simmons gets him to workout with him once in a week. These workout sessions often begin with jogging or fast walk for five minutes for warmup and followed by few mobility exercises to prepare his muscles for intense workout.
The first exercise is the bodyweight plank, which is followed by weighted plank and core exercises using TRX cables. Next, he performs various versions of push ups such as diamond to work on his upper body strength. He also performs wide grip pull ups and weighted lunges.
Theo Walcott Favorite Things
- Sport apart from Soccer – Golf
- Meal – Lasagna cooked by his mother
- Restaurant – Quo Vadis at Dean St. in London
- Ice Cream – Chocolate
- Biscuit – Digestive
Theo Walcott Facts
- Instead of bringing gifts, Theo Walcott and his wife Melanie asked their wedding guests to make donations to the Willow Foundation and Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Theo Walcott has tried his hand at writing and has several books published by Corgi Children’s to his credit.
- Theo’s autobiography Theo: Growing Up Fast was published in August 2011 by Bantam Press and immediately caused controversy due to strong criticism of former England coach Fabio Capello.
- As his aunt’s partner David Yates was the director of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Walcott’s family appeared in the film in a cameo role. Theo himself could not appear due to his busy soccer schedule.
- He was named the BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year in 2006.
- In the 2012-13 season, Theo Walcott had 21 goals and 16 assists in all competitions, which made him club’s leading goal scorer for that season.
- In April 2008, Walcott was given the honor of being the torchbearer of the Olympic Flame in London for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- In a bid to sign him ahead of Southampton, Chelsea invited him to be the ball boy in a match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.
- When he made his debut for Southampton FC in August 2005, he became the youngest ever player for the club at the age of 16 years and 143 days.
- Walcott scored the first goal in Arsenal’s 4-0 victory over Aston Villa in the 2015 FA Cup final, which helped him collect the second FA cup winners’ medal of his career.
- On September 10, 2008, Walcott scored his first international goal along with two more against Croatia, which made him the youngest hat-trick scorer for the national side.