|Thomas Kretschmann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1962|
Thomas Kretschmann is a German actor, voice actor, screenwriter, and producer who has been cast in a variety of movies such as The Pianist, Grimm Love, Shining Through, The Warrior’s Heart, Stalingrad, La Reine Margot, The Stendhal Syndrome, Marching in Darkness (Marciando nel buio), Prince Valiant, U-571, The Knights of the Quest, The Celestine Prophecy, Blade II, In Enemy Hands, Downfall, Immortal, In Transit, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, The Karate Dog, Head in the Clouds, Frankenstein, Schneeland, King Kong, Next, Eichmann, Why Men Don’t Listen and Women Can’t Read Maps, Transsiberian, Wanted, Mogadischu, The Young Victoria, Valkyrie, The Sinking of the Laconia, Jungle Child, What a Man, Dracula 3D, Stalingrad, Open Grave, United Passions, Plastic, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Hitman: Agent 47, Central Intelligence, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Dragged Across Concrete, A Taxi Driver, American Traitor: The Trial of Axis Sally, and Greyhound.
Dessau, Halle, East Germany
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actor, Voice Actor, Screenwriter, Producer
Thomas Kretschmann has been signed with –
- Hoestermann Agentur für Schauspieler, Talent Agency, Berlin, Germany
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $8 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Kretschmann has dated –
- Lena Roklin (1997-2009) – In 1997, he started going out with Lena Roklin and they have 3 children together – 2 sons named Nicolas (b. 1998) and Alexander ‘Sascha’ (b. 2002) and a daughter named Stella (b. 1999). The duo ended the long-term relationship in 2009.
- Shermine Sharivar (2009-2010) – Thomas Kretschmann was romantically involved with model and beauty pageant titleholder Shermine Sharivar between 2009 and 2010.
- Brittany Rice (2011-Present) – In May 2011, Thomas began dating Brittany Rice.
Race / Ethnicity
Thomas Kretschmann is of German descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Has frequently played German nazi officer
- A tattoo on his right calf
He did print adverts for Boss Selection in 2006.
Thomas Kretschmann Facts
- He trained to be an Olympic swimmer. However, he decided to pursue a career in acting at the age of 25.
- Thomas Kretschmann portrayed the character of Captain Wilm Hosenfeld in the 2002 critically-acclaimed biographical war drama film The Pianist, starring Adrien Brody. In 2016, the film was included in BBC‘s list of “100 Greatest Films of the 21st Century”.
- He was cast as Hermann Fegelein in the 2004 German-Austrian-Italian German-language historical war drama film Downfall. The film is set during the Battle of Berlin in World War II and was nominated for “Best Foreign Language Film” at the 77th Academy Awards.
- In 2011, he provided vocals to the character of Professor Zündapp (the doctor scientist from Germany) in the American computer-animated spy comedy film Cars 2.
- Alongside Meadow Williams, Al Pacino, Swen Temmel, Mitch Pileggi, Carsten Norgaard, Lala Kent, Marcus Rafinski, and Carlos Leal, Thomas Kretschmann co-starred as Joseph Goebbels (the head of the Nazi propaganda machine) in the 2021 drama film American Traitor: The Trial of Axis Sally.
- Thomas Kretschmann has also done voiceover work for video games like Cars 2: The Video Game, Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure, King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, 24: The Game, and Wanted: Weapons of Fate.
- In 2021, he started playing the recurring role of Baron von Fürstenberg in the techno-thriller television series Biohackers.
Featured Image by Thomas Kretschmann / Instagram