|Thomas McDonell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Thomas McDonell is an American actor, musician, director, and artist who is best known for having been cast as Finn Collins in The 100 and for playing the recurring roles of Spc Carl Wild in The Long Road Home and Scott Strauss in Suburgatory. Moreover, he has also appeared in many other on-screen projects like 10 Things I Hate About Life, I’m Obsessed with You, Dark Shadows, The Long Road Home, and LA to Vegas.
Thomas Hunter Campbell McDonell
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Thomas McDonell studied at a boarding school located in Andover, Massachusetts. Later on, he graduated from New York University.
Actor, Musician, Artist, Director
- Father – Terry McDonell (Former editor of the Time Inc. Sports Group)
- Mother – Joan Raffeld (Writer)
- Siblings – Nick McDonell (Older Brother) (Author, Journalist, Screenwriter, Producer, Novelist, Researcher)
- Others – Robert Meinrad McDonell (Paternal Grandfather), Irma Sophronia Nelson (Paternal Grandmother), Albert Raffeld (Maternal Grandfather), Libby S. Gutfarb (Maternal Grandmother)
Thomas McDonell is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas McDonell has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Thomas McDonell is of Scottish, Swedish, English, German, and Irish descent on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Has often sported slightly longer hair
- Charming appearance
Thomas McDonell Facts
- He grew up in Manhattan, New York.
- Growing up, he was a shy kid and never thought about getting into acting.
- He made his theatrical film debut as Young Southie in the 2008 Chinese-American fantasy kung fu wuxia film, The Forbidden Kingdom, which starred Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Liu Yifei, Michael Angarano, and others.
- Thomas McDonell made his first TV show appearance as Eddie Boyle in an episode titled Broad Channel of the police procedural drama series, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, in April 2010.
- In 2011, he was a part of the music video for the song Your Surrender (Prom version) by Neon Trees.
- Between 2014 and 2015, he played the role of Finn Collins in the post-apocalyptic science fiction drama television series, The 100, in which he co-starred alongside the likes of Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Eli Goree, Marie Avgeropoulos, Bob Morley, and Kelly Hu.
- Thomas McDonell co-starred as Trevor in the 2014 horror movie, Where the Devil Hides (a.k.a. The Devil’s Hand, The Devil’s Rapture, and The Occult).
- As a director, he has worked on projects like The Flying Carsons: Part 1 – Hunter.
Featured Image by Thomasmcdonell / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0