|Tiger JK Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tiger JK is a Korean-American rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur who is well-known for being a founding member of the Korean hip hop group Drunken Tiger as well as for being a member of the hip hop trio MFBTY.
JK, Drunken Tiger, DT, Tiger JK
Seoul, South Korea
Tiger JK studied at Glendale Hoover High School in Glendale, California.
Then, he enrolled at Santa Monica College before transferring to the University of California, Los Angeles from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the Creative Writing program.
Rapper, Record Producer, Entrepreneur, Actor
- Father – Suh Byung Hoo (d. 2014) (DJ, Korean Pop Columnists, Billboard Correspondent)
Korean Hip Hop
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tiger JK has dated –
- Yoon Mi-rae (2007-Present) – Tiger JK got married to American-born South Korean rapper and singer Yoon Mi-rae in June 2007, in a private ceremony in a Buddhist Temple. Together, the couple has a son named Jordan (b. March 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Korean ancestry.
- He sports a thin mustache and goatee.
- Shoulder length curly hairstyle
Tiger JK has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- CJ One Card
- The Body Shop
- SK Telecom
Tiger JK Facts
- He spent the first 12 years of his life in South Korea before relocating to the United States alongside his family. After migrating there, Tiger JK was sent to reside with his uncle who lived in Miami, Florida.
- JK released his debut solo album titled Enter the Tiger in 1995.
- Tiger JK founded the hip hop group Drunken Tiger in 1999.
- In 2000, Tiger JK was taken into custody for the use of methamphetamine in Korea. He was sentenced to 1 and a half months in jail and was given a 2 years probation.
- He was diagnosed with a spinal cord condition called acute transverse myelitis.
- Tiger founded the clothing line Lungta in 2006.
- He released his own limited edition headphones in partnership with American rapper Dr. Dre‘s “Beats By Dr. Dre” headphones line.
- It was during his time in Miami that he took an interest in Taekwondo and ended up attaining a 3rd “dan” black belt.
- During his teenage years, he lived in Los Angeles, California. He once stated in an interview that while residing there, he had witnessed a lot of violence between Korean-Americans and African-Americans during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots, which triggered him to take up hip hop to help bring the two communities closer.
- In 2011, The Los Angeles Times cited him as “perhaps the most popular Korean rapper in America, Asia, and the world.”
- JK’s father Suh Byung Hoo was a DJ. He was amongst the first Korean pop columnists and also the first correspondent for Billboard in Korea in the 1970s.
- He is the founder of the record labels Jungle Entertainment and Feel Ghood Music.
Featured Image By Explicit / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0