|Tim Paine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1984|
Tim Paine is an Australian professional cricketer who has represented Australia in the test match and one-day international formats, as a wicket-keeper batsman. He has also played for and captained Tasmania in Australian domestic cricket and the Hobart Hurricanes in the Big Bash League (BBL). After making his domestic cricket debut in 2005, he had been selected to represent the Australian national team in 2009 for the first time. However, a serious finger injury had meant that he had been out of the international scene from April 2011 until receiving a recall in the 2017-18 season. Just before the recall, he had contemplated retirement from the sport, due to the lengthy international absence, but his coach had convinced him not to take that rash decision. The remarkable reversal in his career took another turn in March 2018 when he was appointed the long-term captain of the Australian test match team in the aftermath of the sandpaper-gate scandal that had brought significant disrepute to Australia.
Timothy David Paine
Tim, T-Paine, Kid
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Tim had attended the Lauderdale Primary School in Tasmania. He had completed his secondary education at the Bayview Secondary College in Clarendon Vale, Tasmania, and the Rokeby High School in Tasmania.
- Father – John Paine
- Siblings – Nick Paine (Older Brother) (Australian Rules Football Player). He has 2 other siblings.
- Others – Thomas Maggs (Father-in-Law), Robert Shaw (Uncle) (Australian Rules Football Coach and Former Player)
- 7 – Test Match
- 36 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Tasmania
- 27 – Hobart Hurricanes (Big Bash League)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim has dated –
- Bonnie Maggs (2016–Present) – Tim got married to an Australian musician and registered nurse Bonnie Maggs in April 2016. They have 3 children together – a daughter named Milla Paine and 2 sons named Charlie Paine and Wilson Paine.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Australian descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Boyish face
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
Tim Paine Facts
- An early starter in cricket, Tim had captained Tasmania at both the Under-15 and the Under-17 tiers. He had also broken into the state’s Under-19 team when he was just 15 years old. He had then served as the vice-captain of Australia’s Under-17 team.
- Tim was a skilled Australian rules football player as well and was regarded as talented enough to excel in the Australian Football League (AFL).
- At the age of 16, he had become the youngest-ever player to have been given a contract in Australian domestic cricket. His basic rookie contract of AUD 10k was part of a slew of reforms in Australian domestic cricket at that time.
- When he had made his test match debut in 2010, it had marked the first instance of 3 players from Tasmania featuring in the playing 11 for an Australian test team. The others were Ricky Ponting and Ben Hilfenhaus.
- In July 2019, he had become the first Australian captain since Steve Waugh in 2001 to have captured the ‘Ashes’ trophy in a series in England.
- In November 2021, Tim Paine had stepped down as Australia’s Test Captain due to the sexting scandal which had taken place in 2017. According to the scandal, he was involved in sending his d**k picture along with some lewd messages to a woman who was a Cricket Tasmania employee. In 2018, to cover her legal costs, she had demanded an apology and AU$40,000.
- In mid-September 2021, he had undergone neck surgery because of a bulging disc that was causing him discomfort in his left arm and neck.
- In January 2022, Tim’s wife Bonnie (aged 32 at that time) revealed that she had been getting lip fillers since she was 23. Moreover, she also was taking anti-wrinkle and muscle-relaxing injections.
Featured Image by Tim Paine / Instagram