|Timothy DeLaGhetto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1986|
Tim, Traphik, Timothy DeLaGhetto
Billings, Montana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tim began his elementary education in a Christian School in Gardena, California where he got his first taste of acting.
After his parents became owners of a Thai restaurant in Paramount, he continued his education at Paramount High School based in Los Angeles County.
For college education, Tim enrolled at California State University, Long Beach. Initially, he wanted a degree in communication but switched to Arts.
When it became difficult to balance college with his ever-increasing busy life outside his classes, he dropped out to focus on growing his YouTube channels.
Rapper, Actor, Comedian, YouTuber, Screenplay Writer
- Father – Kongkiat Chantarangsu (Restaurant Owner)
- Mother – Sukhon Chantarangsu (Restaurant Owner)
- Siblings – None
Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- 6S Management Group
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim has dated –
- Iliana Tinoco (2007–2010) – Timothy met Latin-American, Iliana when he started going to California State University. He also started his YouTube channel around the same time and Iliana was seen in many of his early videos. They dated each other on and off for 4 years. Once they separated permanently, Tim openly discussed their mutual incompatibility in his vlogs. He explained that although the two of them looked very happy in each other’s company on-camera, off-camera they frequently fought with each other. However, Tim broke up with no grudges and even gave a shout-out to his ex’s YouTube channel, but it never really took off.
- Chia Habte (2011–Present) – Tim met Canadian Esthetician, Chia through a mutual friend, Vanessa, when she planned a brief vacation to Los Angeles with a group of friends. They added each other on Facebook and had online conversations on and off for a year until the two realized they had become good friends. In 2011, Tim had a show in Toronto and Chia went to meet him again accompanied by a friend. They introduced each other to their parents and won their approval as well. They got a house together in 2016. Chia shared all the details of her love story with Tim on her blog (justpeachy) as well.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Thai ancestry.
- Short physical frame
- Often wears a big smile
- Energetic body language
- In 2012, Timothy started a streetwear clothing brand called Goodie in collaboration with Ricky Shucks which he promotes on his social media channels.
- He is signed onto Full Screen Media, a subsidiary of Otter Media to act in sketches /comic shows for the company as a means to promote the online streaming service.
- Tim’s online presence is a gold mine for marketers to promote all kinds of brands. Some of the bigger names that he has promoted on his channels are:
His parents follow Buddhism.
Best Known For
- Being a regular cast member of Nick Cannon’s Improv and sketch comedy show, Wild ‘N Out aired on MTV.
- Being an active and one of the popular YouTubers.
In 2009, Timothy released his debut album, Rush Hour.
In 2006, he was first seen in the short film Thai Smile for his role as Tim and a narrator.
First TV Show
Tim appeared as himself in 1 episode of action comedy YouTube Assassin in 2010.
- To promote USA’s leading Workout DVD seller, Beach Body, Tim took up the 21 Day Fix Challenge followed by the 21 Day Extreme Fix workout in 2015. He got his leanest at 132 lbs body weight from 152 lbs, losing 20 pounds. He brought down his body fat percentage from 14% to 9.9%.
- Even though Tim is not able to sustain this level of leanness year-round due to an erratic schedule of traveling all over the globe, he has become conscious of developing and maintaining healthy habits.
- In 2017, he made an effort to cut back on alcohol consumption.
- He hires a cook for portion-controlled, clean, meal preparation if he is not traveling.
Timothy DeLaGhetto Favorite Things
- Childhood TV Show – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996)
- Animated Character – The Ninja Turtles
- Airport – Montreal Airport
- Dream Artist to Collaborate With – Kanye West
- Holiday – Christmas
- Nickname From School – Two of his classmates once teased him as shit man
- Snack – Slices of banana and Kraft singles on a Dorito
- YouTube Channel – Just Kidding Films /Just Kidding News
- Words – Fo’ Sho’, Namastey
- Comedy – Anchorman (2004)
Timothy DeLaGhetto Facts
- Tim claims that his head is so rounded in shape because his birth happened via a C-section.
- In Paramount High school, Tim was the lone Asian among a majority of Mexican students. Confused about his ethnicity, most people addressed him as ‘Chino.’
- As a child, he was immensely influenced by Will Smith’s career trajectory to initiate his career with rapping to get a job on TV shows that eventually lead to a break in the movies. Tim called this plan – The Fresh Prince format.
- After high school, his first job alongside college was working at Footlocker. After which, he briefly worked at California Pizza Kitchen.
- Tim started rapping in Junior High and formed a rap group called BAS (Black, Asian, and Samoan) with his close friends.
- While still in school, he also took a drama class where he bonded with fellow YouTubers-to-be Eric (Supereeego) and Peter (PeedeeFlo).
- His parents never had much money when Tim was growing up. Hence, he was allowed only one new pair of shoes as a kid. He explains that is probably one of the reasons why he spends a lot of money on shoes and clothes now that he can afford them and often buys stuff that he does not even use.
- Tim’s biggest source of motivation is when somebody tells him that they were feeling down but their mood improved after seeing one of his YouTube videos.
- In 2014, he sold his stock in Maker Studios and made a lot of money. A part of it, he used to pay off his parent’s $210,000 mortgage. He vlogged the surprise on his YouTube channel.
- His advice for success is to stay authentic and consistent. He says people give up too soon. It takes a long term grind amid criticism and rejection to make it big and particularly on YouTube, the audience instantly rejects lack of originality.