|Todd Boehly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1973|
Todd Boehly is an American businessman and investor who is best known as the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Eldridge Industries, a holding company headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States. The company makes investments in various industries including insurance, asset management, technology, sports, media, real estate, and the consumer sector. In October 2021, he was named the interim CEO of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, a nonprofit organization of journalists and photographers that reports on the entertainment industry in the United States for media predominantly outside the country. In May 2022, he became the co-owner and chairman of the English professional soccer club Chelsea F.C. Besides that, he has served on the boards of organizations/companies such as Cain International, Kennedy Wilson, PayActiv, Vivid Seats, Viral Nation, Accelerant, CAIS, Horizon Acquisition Corporation I, Horizon Acquisition Corporation II, and Truebill. From 2017 to 2021, he had been included in ‘The 500 Most Influential People’, an annual list compiled by the Los Angeles Business Journal, a weekly newspaper and online news source which provides coverage of local business news.
Todd Lawrence Boehly
He splits his time between Darien, Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States, and London, England, United Kingdom.
Todd graduated in 1991, from the Landon School, a private, college preparatory school for boys in grades 3–12 in Bethesda, Maryland. He later joined The College of William & Mary, a public research university in Williamsburg, Virginia.
He graduated from there in 1996 with a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) degree in finance. He also studied at the London School of Economics and Political Science, a constituent college of the federal University of London, a public research university.
- Father – Lawrence Boehly
- Mother – Carol Boehly
- Others – John Garrett (Father-in-Law), Rose Garrett (Mother-in-Law), Kelly Garrett Curtiss (Sister-in-Law)
In July 2022, Todd Boehly’s net worth was $4.5 billion according to Forbes.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Todd has dated –
- Katie Boehly (1998-Present) – Todd got married to fellow businessperson and investor Katherine Terrell Garrett aka Katie on September 6, 1998. They have 3 sons together: Nick Boehly, Zach Boehly, and Clay Boehly. Todd and Katie had known each other since the mid-1990s when they were both attending The College of William & Mary. The couple helped establish the Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance in 2014 at their alma mater’s Raymond A. Mason School of Business via a multi-year gift. They have also sponsored the yearly women’s ‘Stock Pitch and Leadership Summit’ at The College of William & Mary. In 2020, Todd and Katie created a fund that would help in the construction of a new athletic complex and sports performance center at the college. They were also the honorary co-chairs of a USD 55 million campaign to fund William & Mary Athletics in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
- Stocky frame
- Tousled, overgrown, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Todd Boehly Facts
- Todd was a member of Landon School’s wrestling team that had won the I.A.C. (Interstate Athletic Conference) Championships in both 1990 and 1991. In 2014, in his honor, the school renamed its facilities the Boehly Family Wrestling Room.
- While studying at the London School of Economics and Political Science, he began working at Citibank, the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup, an American investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City.
- He later joined Credit Suisse First Boston, the investment banking division of the Credit Suisse Group, a global investment bank & financial services firm founded and based in Switzerland. He then worked for a few months with J.H. Whitney & Company, an American venture capital firm.
- He joined Guggenheim Partners, a global investment and advisory financial services firm, in 2001. There, he launched the firm’s credit investing business and took over the responsibility of its asset management business. He later served as the firm’s president.
- In early 2013, he led a deal between Time Warner Cable (an American cable TV company) and the American professional baseball team Los Angeles Dodgers to create SportsNet LA, an American regional sports network that would broadcast all of the team’s games and related programming. He later acquired a 20% stake in the Los Angeles Dodgers and also became a part-owner of the Los Angeles Sparks, an American women’s professional basketball team.
- In 2015, Todd acquired some of the assets he had collected during his time at Guggenheim Partners, to found Eldridge Industries, a private holding company. The company owns SE2, a technology platform for insurance companies.
- In his capacity as the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Eldridge Industries, he has invested in firms such as Clearcover Insurance, DPL Financial Advisors, and Langdon Park Capital. Todd had also helped found the European real investment firm Blackbrook Capital.
- Through Eldridge Industries, his other investments include Gopuff (an American consumer goods and food delivery company), Stash Financial, Inc. (an American financial technology and financial services company), Wealthsimple Inc. (a Canadian online investment management service), Dataminr (an American artificial intelligence company), AnyVision (artificial intelligence security company), Wellthy (digital health platform), Knoema Corporation (a privately owned New York-based data technology company), Aurify Brands (hospitality group), and Chuck E. Cheese (an American family entertainment center and pizza restaurant chain).
- He is also the owner of DraftKings (an American daily fantasy sports contest and sports betting company) and Cloud9 Esports, Inc. (an American professional esports company based in Santa Monica, California).
- Todd has varied interests in the media and entertainment sectors as well. He has served as the chairman of the American media company MRC which owns Dick Clark Productions (an American multinational television production company) and the Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group. The company has investments in A24 (an American independent entertainment company that specializes in film and TV production) and Fulwell 73 (a British TV, film, and music production company).
- In late 2020, MRC and Penske Media Corporation (an American digital media, publishing, and information services company) announced that they would be merging as part of a joint venture to manage their publications including Billboard (an American music and entertainment magazine published weekly), Rolling Stone (an American monthly magazine that focuses on music, politics, and popular culture), The Hollywood Reporter (an American digital and print magazine, and website which focuses on film, TV, and entertainment industries), and Variety an American media company).
- MRC and Penske Media Corporation later announced that through a second joint venture, they would be managing content such as TV series, films, and live events including South by Southwest (an annual conglomeration of parallel film, interactive media, and music festivals and conferences organized jointly that take place in mid-March in Austin, Texas)
- In July 2021, Todd co-acquired a 27% stake in the American professional basketball team Los Angeles Lakers.
- In January 2021, Todd partnered with The College of William & Mary to produce a series of courses for students at the Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance.
- In December 2021, he was heading an ownership group in exclusive negotiations to acquire a controlling interest in the American professional soccer club Washington Spirit. However, by January 2022, it was reported that Todd had withdrawn from the negotiations.
- He has been actively involved with various charitable and educational organizations including Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures (FACES), the Brunswick School (a private, college-preparatory school for boys in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States), the Prostate Cancer Foundation (an organization headquartered in Santa Monica, California, that funds research into the prevention and cure of prostate cancer), and the Focused Ultrasound Foundation.
Featured Image by Todd Boehly / Instagram