|Tom Bergeron Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1955|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tom Bergeron is an American television personality, host, game show host, comedian, and actor who is best known for hosting America’s Funniest Home Videos from 2001 to 2015 and Dancing with the Stars from 2005 to 2019. In addition to that, he has also been a part of various other projects such as The Nanny, Star Trek: Enterprise, Good Morning America, Castle, The $100,000 Pyramid, Behind Closed Doors, Steve, The Masked Singer, Candy Jar, To Tell the Truth, The Daily Show, and Entertainment Tonight.
Thomas Raymond Bergeron
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
Tom Bergeron resides in a French-style mansion in the Calabasas neighborhood of Los Angeles. He also has a house in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Tom Bergeron went to the St. Joseph’s School in Haverhill. He studied there for 8 years. He later got enrolled at the Haverhill High School.
However, after graduating from high school, he decided against joining the college as he had already got the start in radio.
Television host, comedian, game show host
- Father – Ray Bergeron
- Mother – Kay Bergeron
- Siblings – Maureen Bergeron (Sister)
- Others – Adrian Joseph Bergeron, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Cecile/Cecilia Rose Gallant (Paternal Grandmother), Walter F. Costello (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Hayden (Maternal Grandmother)
Tom Bergeron has been represented by –
- IMG New York, Sports Management Company, New York City, New York, United States
- Vin Di Bona Productions, Production Company, West Los Angeles, California, United States
Tom Bergeron’s net worth had been $14 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Bergeron has dated –
- Lois Bergeron (1982-Present) – According to reports, Tom got married to Lois Bergeron in 1982. The other details of their relationship and marriage aren’t available as Bergeron has opted to keep his private life completely out of the spotlight. She rarely accompanies her husband to the public and red carpet events. Over the years, Lois has given birth to two daughters – Samantha and Jessica.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has French-Canadian ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Irish descent.
Salt and pepper
- Calm personality
- Witty demeanor
In 2001, he was cast in a TV commercial for Jordan’s Furniture.
He has also been hired to host an infomercial for the 21-Day Fix weight loss/workout system.
He identifies himself as an agnostic. He also likes to call himself a devotee of peaceful and unexplained Zen.
Best Known For
- Having served as the host and presenter of the popular comedy TV show, America’s Funniest Home Videos
- Having worked as a host of the dance reality TV series, Dancing with the Stars
- Having served as the fill-in host for the American game show, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
In 1984, he made his theatrical film debut as a TV News Reporter in the fantasy-horror movie, Gremlins. However, his work in the movie was not credited.
His first credited film role was in the comedy movie, Rock Slyde, released in March 2009 where Tom was cast in a supporting role.
First TV Show
In 1987, he made his first TV show appearance as the host of the talk show, People Are Talking.
Over the years, Tom Bergeron has been placing faith in yoga to keep himself fit. He has often stated that yoga not only has helped him remain slim and fit even in his advancing age but, has helped him deal with the stress and pressure of professional life.
He has also given MMA style workouts a try. For his MMA workouts, he heads out to Athletic Gaines gym in West Hollywood. And, his typical MMA workout, starts with a rollout session, which helps open up his muscles for the workout. It is followed by lower bodywork, for which resistance bands are used. The next in the workout is punching and kicking moves accompanied by some light sparring.
He also hits the Equinox Gym for light weight lifting workout sessions under the presence of personal trainer, Catherine Reisen.
Tom Bergeron Favorite Things
- Car – 1978 Volkswagen Beetle convertible
- TV Experience – Breakfast Time
- Game – Angry Birds and Spider Solitaire
- Comics Brand – Marvel
Source – US Magazine
Tom Bergeron Facts
- While growing up, he was an altar boy. He even managed to learn Catholic Mass in Latin.
- He is a huge fan of Transcendental Meditation and has been practicing it for more than 3 decades. He even meditates in his dressing room during the live show, between dress rehearsals, and before every Dancing with the Stars broadcast.
- Despite having hosted Dancing with the Stars for about 15 years, he has only watched a single episode of the show. He has watched only half a dozen America’s Funniest Home Videos episodes despite having hosted it for around 15 years.
- While growing up, he was fond of collecting comics. However, when he was 16 years old, he decided to sell his complete collection for $20 as he wanted to feel more mature.
- Early in his career, he used to work as a mime.
- Tom’s public speaking teacher Ed Johnson in high school was an influential figure in setting his career in motion. He introduced Tom to Ed Cetlin, the owner of a 1,000-watt radio station in Haverhill. Cetlin gave him his early breaks.
- In 2006, he was named the national vice president of the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Association. He had also hosted a charity telethon for the foundation.
- In 2009, he published his autobiographical book, I’m Hosting as Fast as I Can: Zen and the Art of Staying Sane in Hollywood. Along with the biographical details of his career, he also gave tips and lessons on Zen living.
- He holds the distinction of having won a Daytime Emmy Award, as well as a Primetime Emmy Award.
- During his stint with Dancing with the Stars, he received 9 Primetime Emmy Award nominations for “Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program”, winning the award once in 2012.
- He had hosted the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars from 2005 to 2020. He was replaced by Tyra Banks in 2020 during the 29th season.
Featured Image by Jennifer Tse / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0