|Torri Higginson Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|December 6, 1969
Torri Higginson is a Canadian actress who rose to fame after playing the role of Erica in the TV show Forever Knight (1992). She gained further popularity by starring in several other television programs including Stargate Atlantis (2004-2008) and by getting featured in a number of films like The History of Love (2016) and Family Pictures (1993). She has also performed in numerous plays such as Three Tall Women. Torri is the recipient of many accolades for instance the Gemini Award in 2000 for “Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role”. She has garnered more than 8k followers on Instagram.
Sarah Victoria Higginson
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
She took lessons to become an actor at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, United Kingdom.
- Siblings – Luke Higginson (Younger Brother) (Musician)
She has been represented by The Characters Talent Agency Ltd.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Michael Shanks
- John Kastner
- Paul Raven
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Canadian descent.
- High cheekbones
- Sharp nose
- Expressive eyes
She has appeared in commercials for several brands such as La-Z-Boy (2006). She has also endorsed or promoted several lines like Fresh.
Torri Higginson Favorite Things
- Place – Montréal where the magic of 4 seasons can be experienced simultaneously
- Hobby – Baking
Torri Higginson Facts
- She has recalled that as a young person, she had longed to be an optometrist and then a lawyer, having wanted something very rational and regulated for her career. However, she then developed a love for language, poetry, and music and decided to study voice as well as Shakespeare. Torri went on to audition for theater school thinking she would never be an actor, only to start thinking she would be, by the time she graduated.
- Higginson has stated that her part in the television drama series This Life (2015) had come to her at the perfect time, having found the script to be beautiful and ideal to be out there. She has found it interesting to be living in Los Angeles and being conscious of our deep love for youth and our fear of getting older, and our avoidance of topics like death. She has cherished how This Life is human and funny, having death as its theme. However, she has perceived the show to be really more about life, and unique in its concept.
- Torri has revealed that being on Stargate: Atlantis had impacted her personally. She was amazed and humbled by the devotion of the sci-fi/Stargate fans. Torri has added that she has been quite uncomfortable with the concept of fame and celebrity in general. She would be amused when in the business town of LA there would be people coming up in bars whispering to her of the wish to buy her a drink, and that friends had no idea that he or she watched sci-fi. Higginson got delighted further when she went to conventions and got treated like a rock star. She had also felt good knowing that she could still have her own life.
Featured Image by Torri Higginson / Instagram