|Tory Burch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1966|
Tory Burch is an American fashion designer, businesswoman, executive chairman and CEO of Tory Burch LLC, and a philanthropist who is best known for her eponymous fashion label. Tory Burch has also amassed more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 2.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 20k subscribers on YouTube.
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, United States
Tory Burch studied at Agnes Irwin School located in Rosemont, Pennsylvania and she was friends with jewelry designer Kara Ross. Afterward, she graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1988 as an Art History major.
Fashion Designer, Businesswoman, Executive Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of Tory Burch LLC, Philanthropist, TV Personality
- Father – Ira Earl “Bud” Robinson (An investor who inherited a stock exchange seat and a paper cup company)
- Mother – Reva (née Schapira)
- Siblings – She has 3 brothers.
Tory Burch is represented by Tory Burch Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tory Burch has dated –
- William Macklowe (1993) – She got married to William Macklowe, son of real-estate tycoon Harry B. Macklowe, in 1993 but the marriage fell apart within a year.
- Matt Palmeri
- J. Christopher Burch (1996-2006) – She married the founder and CEO of Burch Creative Capital, J. Christopher Burch, in the year 1996 and the duo was blessed with 3 sons – twins Henry and Nicholas Burch (b. 1997) and Sawyer Burch (b. February 2001). However, the marriage ended in divorce in 2006.
- Ronald O. Perelman (2006)
- Lance Armstrong (2007)
- Lyor Cohen
- Pierre-Yves Roussel (2014-Present) – In 2014, she started dating the former chairman and CEO of LVMH, Pierre-Yves Roussel, and they got engaged in 2016. The duo eventually got married in November 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Tory Burch has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on her mother’s side and is of English descent on her father’s side.
- Pointed chin
- Prominent nose
Tory Burch Facts
- She comes from an affluent family and spent her childhood growing up in a 250-year-old Georgian farmhouse near Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- For her first job, Tory Burch worked at Benetton in the King of Prussia Mall.
- She won the Council of Fashion Designers of America award for “Accessories Designer of the Year” in 2008.
- She founded the Tory Burch Foundation in 2009.
- Tory Burch was ranked at number #73 in Forbes‘ “Most Powerful Woman in the World” list in 2015.
- She became “Glamour Woman of the Year” in November 2019.
- She has also appeared on shows like Gossip Girl, Martha Stewart Presents, The Oprah Winfrey Show, CBS News Sunday Morning, Extra with Billy Bush, etc.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0