|Trinidad Cardona Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Trinidad Cardona is an American singer and social media sensation. Raised in a multi-racial and liberal household by 2 lesbian mothers, he was provided with a happy and comfortable environment where he could pursue any career. Music had always been his passion as a child and he enrolled in some music classes in 2015. By the age of 16, he had started composing his songs and publishing them online, creating a mild buzz in his hometown of Phoenix. One of the first songs that he uploaded was titled Summer Love, recorded in 2016. The activity had only started as a hobby but soon he was engulfed in the creative process of writing songs and composing music for his verses. The appreciation of friends and locals in Phoenix made him realize that his tracks were more than decent. By late 2016, his music had developed a set of dedicated fans online and for the first time in his life, he began to give serious thoughts to a full-fledged music career.
In 2017, Trinidad posted a freestyle and a capella version of a song named Jennifer on Facebook. The video became an instant hit and fans started to send requests for the complete track to be published. He complied and uploaded the completed version and within a few hours, the video racked up several million views making him an overnight star with an envious social media following. The song became so popular that celebrity musicians like Gucci Mane, Ludacris, and Kelly Rowland shared it on their Facebook pages. Subsequently, he released his first extended play titled Jennifer EP and has put out several popular singles like Dinero and Call Me Back. He was soon lapped up by the music label Island Records, who launched the career of Bob Marley. Trinidad had managed to roll out almost 3 studio albums before turning 20.
Trinidad Nelson Cardona
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Trinidad is a high school graduate. He completed his term in 2017.
Singer, Songwriter, Photographer
He is represented by –
- Matt Adler, Booking Agent, Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Torrence “T. Riff” Burnett, Manager, Perfect Artists Agency, California, United States
- Foundation Productions
- StreamCut Records
- Run It Up/Island Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Trinidad has dated –
- Meredith Reeves (2019) – In 2019, Trinidad started dating rapper and Instagram star Meredith Reeves. The duo met in order to collaborate for a couple of rap videos for Meredith’s YouTube channel, became good friends, and later started dating.
Race / Ethnicity
Multi-Racial (Black and Hispanic)
He has Mexican ancestry on his father’s side and African-American ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Afro-styled frizzy hair
- Sports a thin mustache
- Deep high-pitched voice
- Often uses oversized glasses
Best Known For
Releasing the 2017 song titled Jennifer that became an overnight sensation and catapulted Trinidad to instant fame
Trinidad’s first album titled Humble Beginnings was released by the label Run-It-Up Records on September 14, 2018.
Trinidad Cardona Favorite Things
- Movie – Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
- Role Models – Elon Musk, Adidja Azim Palmer a.k.a. Vybz Kartel
- Musicians – Kanye West, Sean Paul, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Jackson
- Fashion Trends – High-Waisted Jeans, Crop Tops
- TV Channels – Animal Planet, Green Planet
Source – YouTube
Trinidad Cardona Facts
- He has more than 250k followers on Instagram, despite never having posted anything on his account. He was sitting pretty with 80k followers but his account got hacked and he had to reset from 0.
- Trinidad grew up in unusual circumstances. His father was sentenced to prison when he was young and he was brought up by 2 lesbians – his mother and her Peurto Rican wife. He often faced bullying at school due to the sexual orientation of his mother. He also faced racism as a child and he would often be thrown out of his Mexican friends’ houses due to his afro hairstyle.
- Despite the hardships of his childhood, he has not harbored any grudge or resentment in his heart. His ultimate wish is that prejudice and bigotry will vanish as people start to adapt to changing social, racial, and cultural norms.
- He was surprised when his music style was drawing comparisons with 90s R&B because he had never even listened to songs from that genre. He was more used to modern R&B and Jamaican dancehall music.
- He had started out as a rapper but his style started to change as he began to get influenced by newer R&B and then by jazz and eventually by artists like Michael Jackson, Grover Washington Jr., Jerry Bergonzi, and Drake.
- The original recording of Trinidad’s breakthrough song Jennifer (2017) occurred by sheer chance. He was mucking around with his friends in a bathroom and they recorded him and posted it on Facebook. The song became an instant sensation and peculiarly, it earned him a dedicated fanbase in Brazil.
- Trinidad has revealed that the song Jennifer was actually supposed to start as Cara-Cara-Cara-oline why you so fine. But it got changed on a whim once his friends started to shoot him singing freestyle.
- The song Jennifer, besides making him famous, had also helped re-establish contact with many estranged relatives, especially paternal ones who had broken contact after his father had gone to prison and his mother had married a woman.
- Trinidad has stated in an interview that as a 9-year-old, the extent of his ambitions was becoming a used car salesman. However, the death of one of his idols, Michael Jackson became a catalyst for him to pursue songwriting and singing.
- He has been featured in Alex Aiono‘s 2017 song Does It Feel Like Falling.
- He collaborated with rapper and now girlfriend Meredith Reeves for a couple of YouTube rap videos titled Trust and She won’t give him a chance. Both videos premiered on the platform in May 2019.
- Visit his official website @ trinidadcardonamusic.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Trinidad Cardona / Twitter