|Tristan Thompson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tristan Thompson is a Canadian professional basketball player who has been a part of teams like the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers. In addition to that, he has also played for the Canadian national team as well as one season of college basketball for the Texas Longhorns before being drafted 4th overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2011 NBA draft. The sports star has also accrued media attention for his relationship with media personality and socialite, Khloé Kardashian.
Tristan Trevor James Thompson
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tristan Thompson went to the
- St. Marguerite d’Youville Secondary School in Brampton.
- Saint Benedict’s Preparatory School in Newark.
- Henderson International School.
After graduating from high school, he got admission to The University of Texas at Austin.
Professional basketball player
- Father – Trevor Thompson
- Mother – Andrea Thompson (Died in 2023)
- Siblings – Amari Thompson (Younger Brother), Dishawn Thompson (Younger Brother), Daniel Thompson (Younger Brother) (Former High School Basketball Player)
- Others – Jemal Thompson (Cousin) (Former Professional Football Player)
Tristan Thompson has been represented by Rich Paul.
Power Forward, Center
6 ft 9 in or 206 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tristan Thompson has dated –
- Kimberly Alexander (2013-2014) – He was romantically involved with glamor model Kimberly Alexander between 2013 and 2014.
- Jordan Craig (2014-2016) – Tristan started dating model Jordan Craig towards the end of 2014. Their relationship made a debut on the pages of tabloids in August 2014 after they were pictured leaving a Los Angeles nightclub. They separated in mid-2016 as he turned his attention to Khloe Kardashian. When they broke up, Jordan was pregnant with his child. In December 2016, she gave birth to a son named Prince Tristan Thompson.
- Aaleeyah Petty (2016) – In 2016, he hooked up with model Aaleeyah Petty.
- Larsa Pippen (2016) – He had a fling with media personality Larsa Pippen in August 2016.
- Khloe Kardashian (2016-2019, 2020-2021) – Tristan dumped Jordan for the American reality star, Khloe Kardashian when they started dating in August 2016. Their relationship was made public in September as they were pictured leaving Bootsy Bellows nightclub in Los Angeles. A couple of days later, they flew out for a romantic vacation in Mexico. By Halloween’s Eve, they had openly started posting on Snapchat about their relationship. In March 2017, it was reported that they had broken up and he was looking to reunite with the mother of his child. However, Khloe banished all such rumors by stating that she wanted to get married to him eventually. The couple welcomed their first child together, a daughter named True Thompson on April 12, 2018. In October 2018, there were some breakup rumors going on in the media. After 10 months of welcoming the daughter True, Khloe left Tristan in February 2019 as he had cheated on Khloe with many other women nearing the birth of True. In July 2020, they were reportedly reconciling and giving their relationship another try. In December 2020, it was rumored that they had got engaged. In June 2021, the news appeared that they had separated some time ago. In July 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child via surrogate. The couple welcomed a baby boy named Tatum in August 2022.
- Tania Joyce Benitah (2017) – In August 2017, he had an encounter with Tania Joyce Benitah.
- Stephanie Woods (2017) – It was reported in October 2017 that he had hooked up with Stephanie Woods.
- Lani Blair (2018) – He was involved in an encounter with model Lani Blair in April 2018.
- Jordyn Woods (2019) – In February 2019, Tristan was seen trying to get comfy and cozy with Kylie’s (then sister-in-law) childhood friend Jordyn Woods. Jordyn was unavailable to comment but later, she opened up and said that she herself was in shock with Tristan’s behavior and had no interest in him. They were never spotted together after that.
- Asha Mack (2019) – Tristan and Asha Mack had a fling in February 2019.
- Karizma Ramirez (2019) – In March 2019, rumors of Tristan dating model and former waitress, Karizma started making headlines soon after his break-up with Khloe. The rumors were confirmed when he was spotted outside The Dominick Hotel in New York with the lady in news. This relationship soon fizzled out.
- Sydney Chase (2020) – In 2021, Instagram model Sydney Chase claimed that in 2020, when Tristian had gotten back with Khloe, she had hooked up with Tristian multiple times. However, Tristan had denied any kind of interaction with Sydney and even threatened her with legal action.
- Maralee Nichols – In December 2021, it was revealed that Tristan was expecting a child with personal trainer Maralee Nichols after she filed a lawsuit against him for child support. Maralee reportedly gave birth to a son named Theo on December 2, 2021. In January 2022, Tristan confirmed that he was the father of the child and also released a public apology for Khloe Kardashian. In March 2022, Maralee had filed paperwork against Tristan, requesting $47,424 as monthly child support for Theo. In December 2022, it was revealed that Tristan and Maralee had reached a settlement and Tristan had agreed to pay $9,500 a month in child support.
- In July 2022, Tristan was rumored to be dating a mystery woman after they were seen holding hands in Greece.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican origin.
- A tall and imposing presence
- Close-cropped hairdo
Tristan has done a lucrative brand endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Nike. He has also done promotional work for Tim Hortons and Biosteel.
He has also lent his voice for the Bobblehead commercial in which his bobblehead model was also featured.
Best Known For
Playing for the NBA team, Cleveland Cavaliers, with whom he has managed to win the NBA title in 2016
First Basketball Match
In December 2011, he made his professional debut against Toronto Raptors. He managed to score 12 points in a 17-minute cameo on his debut.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of NBA matches, he made his first TV show appearance in the sports show, Game Changers, in 2016.
To keep himself in the best shape during the summers and to ensure that his preparation is perfect for the new season, he undertakes a grueling offseason workout regime. He started his day with an on-court session, which comprised of game-related drills and exercises. He followed it up with a weight lifting workout. After that, he had another on-court workout session in the afternoon.
Apart from these workout sessions, he ran a lot to keep his stamina up.
Going by his old workout videos, he loves to go for circuit training style sessions, which help in building stamina and explosive power. He uses Battle Ropes for a series of exercises including jumping jacks.
The other preferred exercises include box jumps, burpees, sledgehammer swings, and kettlebell swings.
When it comes to diet, he doesn’t eat fish, despite its high protein content. The reason being that fish have a gross diet as they eat their own poos. Also, leftovers are off the limits. He likes his food fresh, not shriveled up stuff heated in the oven.
Tristan Thompson Favorite Things
- Sports Apart From Basketball – Ice Hockey
- NHL Team – Toronto Maple Leaves
- Basketball Movie – He Got Game (1998)
- Music Artists – Drake and The Weeknd
- Donuts Bakery – Tim Hortons
Source – Cavs Nation
Tristan Thompson Facts
- In middle school, he used to play soccer. However, he later switched to basketball as his tall height made it a bit too hard to run up and down the field.
- He decided to leave St. Benedict’s after junior year due to his strained relationship with basketball team coach Dan Hurley. They even had a blazing row during a timeout in a match, which led to him being dropped from the team.
- His youngest brother, Amari has been diagnosed with epilepsy, which has led to Tristan working with a number of foundations such as Epilepsy Toronto to raise funds as well as awareness about the condition.
- He founded the Amari Thompson Fund in 2013 and it has worked closely with Epilepsy Toronto to raise funds and awareness to support those affected by epilepsy.
- In June 2011, he created his own piece of history by becoming the first Canadian player in NBA history to be drafted fourth overall after being picked by Cleveland Cavaliers.
- In December 2016, he became the first player in the history of the Cleveland Cavaliers to participate in 400 consecutive regular competitive games. His streak came to an end at 447 games after a sprained thumb forced him to sit out against Boston Celtics.
- In October 2015, he was offered a lucrative $82 million five-year contract by the Cavaliers. This brought an end to a four-month-long stalemate, which had led to him missing preseason and training camp.
- After playing with the Cleveland Cavaliers for 9 seasons, in 2020, Tristan signed a new deal with Boston Celtics for $19 million.
- In November 2020, he officially became a U.S. citizen.
- In 2020, Tristan filed a libel lawsuit against ex-girlfriend Kimberly Alexander after she claimed that he fathered her child. He wanted $100,000 in damages and revealed that he had lost numerous endorsement deals because of the accusation.
- In January 2023, Tristan’s mother, Andrea, passed away after suffering a heart attack at her home in Toronto.
- In April 2023, Tristan signed a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- In September 2023, Tristan was given temporary guardianship of his younger brother Amari after the death of his mother.