|Typical Gamer Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1992|
Typical Gamer is a Canadian social media star, best known for his gaming YouTube channel of the same name which has amassed a fanbase of more than 8.5 million subscribers and more than 2.5 billion views. He created the channel on August 24, 2008, while the platform was still developing, and began posting Red Dead Redemption gameplay videos between 2010 and late 2011. Typical then switched over to recording or streaming games such as Assassin’s Creed 3, Minecraft, Mob of the Dead, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Buried, and finally, Grand Theft Auto V on July 2013, after which his following skyrocketed. After he experienced significant success with Grand Theft Auto V gameplay, Typical started uploading more consistently and focused on exploring the entire world behind the game. He also started analyzing both its singleplayer and multiplayer modes, discussed facts, rumors, showcased his skills in both the core game and by testing out fanbase-made mods and collaborated with other gaming YouTube channels.
Typical also occasionally uploaded gameplays of Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag in 2013, but the majority of content remained Grand Theft Auto V. He also made short video series regarding games such as ARK: Survival Evolved, Fallout 4, and started filming vlogs in 2015, while in 2016, he played games such as Far Cry Primal, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 1, and Subnautica on his channel. In 2017, he also played and recorded video games such as WWE 2K17, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Dying Light, Friday the 13th Game, Minecraft, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, and Call of Duty WW2. Furthermore, in late 2017, Typical began playing the game that brought him a large surge in subscriber count, Fortnite Battle Royale. The multiplayer shooter game quickly became widely recognized and extremely popular and spawned a new era of live-streamers on Twitch and YouTube, and him the recognition as one of the 1st streamers, going back as early as 2007. Typical has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 900k followers on Twitter, more than 900k followers on Facebook, and more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
He graduated from a college in Canada.
Social Media Star
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Billy Rebelo (Brother) (Social Media Star)
Typical Gamer is represented by Night Media (Manager) in Dallas, Texas, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Typical Gamer has dated –
- Samara Redway (2015-Present) – He revealed his relationship with fellow social media star, gamer, and vlogger Samara Redway on YouTube in videos The Whisper Challenge With My Girlfriend!! uploaded to his channel on March 24, 2016, and TOUCH MY BODY CHALLENGE!! on March 26, 2016. In a later video on her channel, Samara revealed that they officially began dating on October 6, 2015, after around 2 to 3 months of talking and getting to know each other. Andre found out her through a mutual friend who showed him her profile, and he started following her on Instagram, and then “slid into her DMs.” They were also supposed to meet in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada when he came into town, but he ditched her and went out with a few of his male friends. She also stated that he was terrified of “sealing the deal” and it took him more than 30 minutes after she dropped him off at the airport after the 1st date. They also started traveling together to places such as Hawaii and China, and vlogging the experience by both cameras and drones. Both of them are also very adventurous, and have explored an abandoned military bunker in March 2017, and filmed the whole thing. Samara was also managed by the same organization as him and was also sponsored by brands such as EA, Ubisoft, and OnePlus. On top of that, Andre and Samara also started living together in a new house in May 2019 and used her 2nd YouTube channel to publish videos of challenges, Q&As, pranks, vlogs, and discussions about their life behind the scenes of being social media personalities. On October 6, 2018, for their 3rd anniversary, besides going out to dinner, they celebrated the evening in bed watching the movie Jurassic Park (2018). In addition, both of them decided to answer the commonly asked question, which is why hasn’t their fanbase seen them kissing in videos. The reality was very simple and logical – Samara isn’t comfortable with public displays of affection.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
- Tall height
- Often wears colorful glasses
Typical Gamer has endorsed brands such as –
Best Known For
His social media following with more than 8.5 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 900k followers on Facebook, more than 900k followers on Twitter, and more than 600k followers on Instagram
Typical Gamer Favorite Things
- Dream Car – Lamborghini Aventador In Blood Orange Color
- Video Game – Grand Theft Auto V
Typical Gamer Facts
- He stated that he was a bit shy and unsure in the beginning, but never embarrassed of any of his videos.
- In 2016, he stated that 2015 was the best year of his life, but that 2016 was going to top it off.
- Typical once stole a LEGO toy set from the Walmart store as a kid.
- Growing up, he was very into video games and would play Mario while his mom fed him.
- His brother Billy came up with the nickname “Typical Gamer.” Billy also has a YouTube channel of his own under the name “Typical Reviews.”
- As a hobby, Typical began live-streaming on the platform called JustinTV in 2007, which was shut down in 2014 and rebranded into Twitch.
- In the past, he cited a YouTuber named Swiftor as his early inspiration.
- Starting out, Typical would only attract 10 to 15 viewers while streaming. However, one day 17k people showed up to watch him, and he still keeps a screenshot of that moment on his computer.
- He was once deeply in love with his elementary school teacher who he only mentioned by the name “Miss C.” He was also in love with a teacher who changed her name from “Miss P” to “Miss K.”
- He has visited a casino a few times in his life but doesn’t like to gamble a lot.
- Typical was once kicked out of a bar for talking to his friend’s girlfriend, which made no sense, and the bouncers never explained what the reason was.
- He used to be bad at swimming but has gotten a bit better over the years. Samara tried to teach him how to float but he simply couldn’t learn, so he has to keep moving to stay afloat, and thus gets tired easily.
- He calls his fanbase “TeamTG.”
- Prior to living with Samara, he has never had a pet.
- Typical once jokingly told his girlfriend that he wouldn’t break up with her even if she gained a lot of weight, but would break up with her if she had an “outie” belly button.
- He prefers California over New York because of the beaches.
- Although he likes Nike and their fashion and shoewear, Typical prefers Adidas.
- He prefers beer over wine coolers.
- If he had a pet panda, he would name it Oreo, or Little TG.
- Typical has watched a few episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians just to see what Kim and Kanye were doing.
- His dream job is doing YouTube, and he cannot fathom doing anything else that he would enjoy as much.
- Typical bought a Lamborghini Huracan in metallic gray color in August 2016.
- His channel hit a milestone of 1 billion views on March 20, 2017. On that day, Typical was on a vacation to Hawaii, which was also 3 days before his birthday.
- He has collaborated with YouTube creators such as Avxry, Vikkstar123, FaZe Thiefs, Hike The Gamer, Jobless Garrett, NoahJ456.
- Typical met Megan Fox in late November 2018.
- Typical got a Corgi puppy as a birthday gift from his girlfriend in March 2019.
- He and his girlfriend brought a kitten named George home in June 2019. They also got a cat named Miku in 2016. Their pets also share an Instagram account under the handle “mikuandgeorge” which has attracted more than 40k followers.
- Visit his official website @ typical.store.
- Follow him on Instagram, 2nd Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, and Snapchat.
Featured Image by Typical Gamer / Instagram