|Udonis Haslem Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1980|
Udonis Haslem is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Miami Heat (2003–Present), as a power forward/center, in the National Basketball Association (NBA). With the Miami Heat, he has won the NBA Championship thrice (2006, 2012, 2013). As of May 2022, he was the longest-tenured player in the franchise’s history. He was not selected at the 2002 NBA Draft and had started his professional career with Chalon-sur-Saône (2002–2003), a French professional basketball club that was competing in the LNB Pro A (the top-tier men’s professional basketball league in France) at that time.
Udonis Johneal Haslem
UD, Django, Mr. 305, The Crab
Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Udonis had attended the Samuel W. Wolfson High School, a magnet school (American public school with specialized courses) in Jacksonville, Florida. He had later studied at Miami Senior High School, a public school in his hometown of Miami.
After his high school graduation, in 1998, he had accepted an athletic scholarship to join the University of Florida, a public land-grant research university in Gainesville, Florida. He had majored in leisure service management there and represented the Florida Gators men’s basketball between 1998 and 2002.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – John Haslem (Former College-Level Basketball Player)
- Mother – Debra Haslem
- Siblings – Sheana Haslem (Younger Sister). He also has 2 brothers and 2 other sisters.
- Others – Barbara (Stepmother)
Power Forward, Center
- 40 – Miami Heat
- 15 – Chalon-sur-Saône
Udonis Haslem’s net worth had been $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Udonis has dated –
- Faith Rein (1999-Present) – Udonis had started dating future sports broadcaster/commentator Faith Rein in 1999 when they were both students at the University of Florida where she was a member of the Florida Gators track and field team. The couple eventually got married in August 2013 in a ceremony held in Palm Beach, Florida. They have 3 sons together named Kedonis Haslem, Elijah Haslem, and Josiah Haslem.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He is of African-American descent on his father’s side and Puerto Rican descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped, afro hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
- Has both his hands and entire upper chest covered in tattoos
Udonis Haslem Facts
- Udonis was an integral member of the basketball teams of Miami Senior High School that had clinched state titles in both 1997 and 1998. The teams had also included another future NBA player in Steve Blake.
- However, the team’s 1998 title had come under immense scrutiny after an investigation conducted by a local newspaper called the Miami New Times had revealed that several players of that team including Udonis and Steve had circumvented residency requirements. This was a violation of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) rules and consequently, Miami Senior High School was stripped of its 1998 title.
- During his sophomore season at the University of Florida, he had helped the Florida Gators men’s basketball team advance to the final of the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Men’s Division I Basketball Championship.
- The team had received NCAA tournament invitations for 4 consecutive years during his college career, the first time this had happened in the team’s history. During his college career, he was named to the coaches’ All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) team 4 times.
- In his rookie NBA season (2003-04), he had helped the Miami Heat reach the Eastern Conference semifinals. For his performances, he was named to the ‘NBA All-Rookie Second Team’ in 2004.
- In the 2004–05 season, his .540 field goal percentage had ranked 5th on the Miami Heat‘s all-time single-season list at that time.
- In June 2006, Udonis had recorded 17 points and 10 rebounds in the title-clinching game 6 against the Dallas Mavericks to help the Miami Heat win their maiden NBA Championship title.
- In July 2010, he had signed a 5-year deal worth approximately USD 20 million to stay with the Miami Heat. He chose to stay with his hometown team despite that the fact that he could have received a deal worth USD 34 million if he had accepted more lucrative offers from the Dallas Mavericks or the Denver Nuggets.
- In November 2012, he became the first undrafted player in history to lead a franchise in rebounding when he reached the milestone of 4,808 rebounds.
- Udonis was inducted into the University of Florida’s ‘Athletic Hall of Fame’ in 2012.
- During the 2019–20 NBA season, he became just the 30th player in the league’s history to play a professional game after turning 40 years old.
- During the 2020–21 NBA season, in a game against the Philadelphia 76ers, he was ejected after getting involved in a scuffle with Dwight Howard. This had made him the oldest player in the last 20 years or so to have been ejected from an NBA game.
- As of May 2022, he had held the following franchise (Miami Heat) records in the regular season – most rebounds (5,780), most defensive rebounds (4,169), and most offensive rebounds (1,611). He had also held the franchise’s playoffs records for the most offensive rebounds (230).
- His name is pronounced as yoo-DAH-nihs HAZ-lehm.
Featured Image by Udonis Haslem / Instagram