|Dwight Howard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dwight Howard is an American professional basketball player known for being a member of Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA). During his early years, he decided not to pursue college to enter the 2004 NBA draft during which he was first selected by the Orlando Magic. Debuting as a professional with the Magic turned out to be a great start for Howard as he was able to reign as one of the most competent players, receiving multiple awards in a row, and leading his team to the NBA Finals in 2009. As of July 2019, he is an eight-time All-Star, eight-time All-NBA Team honoree, three-time Defensive Player of the Year, five-time All-Defensive Team member, and one of the few players who had acquired multiple franchises and league records during his playing career with the Magic.
After 8 seasons, he was traded to Los Angeles Lakers in 2012 but later played for Houston Rockets, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, and Washington Wizards after finishing one season with the Lakers. Howard signed with the Washington Wizards on July 12, 2018, but only appeared in 9 games in November due to his backside injury and spinal surgery that was done to relieve pain in his glutes. On July 6, 2019, he was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies for C. J. Miles.
Dwight David Howard
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
He went to Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy. Howard decided not to pursue college in exchange of entering the 2004 NBA Draft during which he was selected first by Orlando Magic.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Dwight Howard Sr. (Georgia State Trooper, Athletic Director)
- Mother – Sheryl Howard
Dwight Howard is represented by Aaron Goodwin, Goodwin Sports Management.
Power Forward, Center
12 – Orlando Magic
21 – Memphis Grizzlies
6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dwight Howard had dated –
- Royce Reed – Howard had previously dated former Magic dancer Royce Reed with whom he has a son named Brayon, who was born on November 18, 2007.
Note – He has 4 more kids from different women.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Big Thick Lips
- Towering Height
- Long Jawline
Dwight Howard has endorsed brands such as –
- Vitamin Water
Best Known For
- Being a member of the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- His outstanding style play and winning multiple awards during his reign with the Orlando Magic
- Playing with the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, and Washington Wizards
First Professional Basketball Match
Dwight Howard made his professional debut with the Orlando Magic in the 2004-05 season during which he was selected first over his fellow rookie, Emeka Okafor. He completed the season with an average of 12 points and 10 rebounds, making him the youngest NBA player in history to average double in a regular season.
In 2012, he made his theatrical film debut as ‘Himself’ in the comedy film The Three Stooges.
First TV Show
In 2007, he made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Family Feud.
For cardio, Dwight Howard’s workout mainly consists of running, boxing, and spinning. At the gym, he mainly starts his workout by warming up. After that, his typical workout routine contains exercises such as quick-twitch weighted pulls, pull-ups, crunches, push-ups, bench press. He also does numerous other exercises to focus on his upper body and core.
As for his diet, he starts his day by eating a healthy breakfast including eggs (scrambled or an omelet) and salmon for protein. After that, he gets 3 small meals which include a small chicken sandwich, different types of fish, or something with carbs in it. He also tries to keep himself hydrated throughout the day by drinking either Core Water or coconut water.
Dwight Howard Favorite Things
- Pets – Snakes, Dogs
- Movie – Finding Nemo (2003)
- Hobbies – Working out, Traveling, Swimming, Training Dogs, Magic Tricks
- Food – Pizza
- Basketball Players – Michael Jordan, Kevin Garnett
- Place – Philippines
Dwight Howard Facts
- He started to pursue his interest in basketball at the age of 9.
- During his high school years, he was recognized as the best American high school basketball player and had received multiple awards including the Naismith Prep Player of the Year, the Morgan Wootten High School Player of the Year, and the McDonald’s National High School Player of the Year honor.
- He picked the number 12 for his jersey with Orlando Magic because it was the reverse of Kevin Garnett’s jersey number 21 when he played for Minnesota Timberwolves.
- He has also played 1 season with NBA’s legend Kobe Bryant.
- On January 31, 2012, he was included in the list of “35 Greatest McDonald’s All-Americans”.
- He comes from a family with strong athletic connections.
- He keeps approximately 20 snakes as pets and has appeared twice in Animal Planet’s reality series Tanked.
- Howard owns a farm situated in North Georgia where he spends his free time to relax. His farm has cows, hogs, turkeys, deer, and he also grows vegetables.
- Visit his official website @ dwighthoward.com.
- Connect with Dwight Howard on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Howcheng / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0