|Te’a Cooper Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1997|
Te’a Cooper is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Los Angeles Sparks (2020–2021), as a point guard, in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). She was picked 18th overall in the 2nd round, by the Phoenix Mercury, at the 2020 WNBA Draft. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Phoenix Mercury was forced to release some of its players from the team roster in May 2020. Te’a, too, was cut from the team after which the Los Angeles Sparks used this opportunity to acquire some of the players who were released by Phoenix Mercury. They picked Te’a to play as a point guard.
Te’a Omari Cooper
Newark, Essex County, New Jersey, United States
Te’a had attended the McEachern High School, a public school in Powder Springs, Georgia. After her high school graduation, she joined the University of Tennessee, a public land-grant research university in Knoxville, Tennessee. There, between 2015 and 2017, she represented the Tennessee Lady Volunteers basketball team.
In 2017, she took a transfer to the University of South Carolina, a public research university in Columbia, South Carolina. There, between 2017 and 2019, she represented the South Carolina Gamecocks women’s basketball team.
In 2019, she took another transfer, this time to Baylor University, a private research university in Waco, Texas. There, between 2019 and 2020, she represented the Baylor Lady Bears basketball team.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Omar Cooper
- Mother – Kindall Cooper
- Siblings – Sharife Cooper (Younger Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Mia Cooper aka Imani Cooper (Sister), Omar Cooper (Younger Brother). Sharife and Omar are twins.
She has been represented by LifeStyle Sports Agency, Athlete Consultancy Firm, Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- 4, 6, 2 – Los Angeles Sparks
- 2 – South Carolina Gamecocks
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Te’a has dated –
- Dwight Howard (2019-2021) – Te’a got engaged to professional basketball player Dwight Howard in 2019 but they had parted ways by 2021. There were unverified reports doing the rounds that the couple even got married in a secret ceremony in November 2020.
- Alvin Kamara (2021-Present) – Te’a started dating American professional football player Alvin Kamara in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair light brown.
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Has both her thighs covered in tattoos
Te’a Cooper Facts
- Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, Te’a moved to the state of Georgia, with her family, when she was about 10 years old.
- In her freshman year, she led McEachern High School to a sensational 33–0 win-loss record. With the school, she won Georgia 6A state titles in 2012, 2014, and 2015. She was also the joint ‘MVP’ (Most Valuable Player) of the 2015 McDonald’s All-America Game.
- During her college career, she had to ‘redshirt’ (a delay or suspension of an athlete’s participation to lengthen their period of eligibility) the 2016-17 season on medical grounds.
- On August 13, 2020, representing the Los Angeles Sparks, against the Washington Mystics, Te’a had one of the best games of her rookie WNBA season. In the game, she recorded 10 points (5-of-6 shooting) with 3 assists, all within just 19 minutes of playing time.
Featured Image by Te’a Cooper / Instagram