|Vanessa Bayer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1981|
Vanessa Bayer is an American actress, comedian, voiceover artist, and writer who is best known for her stint on the late-night live television sketch comedy and variety show Saturday Night Live from 2010 to 2017. Moreover, she has also been cast in movies and shows like Carrie Pilby, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Trainwreck, Ibiza, Office Christmas Party, The Polka King, and Will & Grace.
Vanessa Polster Bayer
Orange, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States
Vanessa Bayer attended Orange High School from where she graduated in 2000. Afterward, she graduated as a Communication and French major from the University of Pennsylvania in 2004.
Actress, Comedian, Voiceover Artist, Writer
- Father – Todd Bayer
- Mother – Carolyn (née Polster)
- Sibling – Jonah Bayer (Brother) (Music Journalist and the Guitarist of the Punk Supergroup United Nations)
Vanessa Bayer is represented by –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Pierced ears
She was raised in a Reform Jewish family.
Vanessa Bayer Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Orange, Ohio.
- She provided vocals to the character of Flight Attendant in the 2013 computer-animated comedy film, Despicable Me 2, whose lead cast included Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Benjamin Bratt, Miranda Cosgrove, Russell Brand, and Ken Jeong.
- Vanessa Bayer has been the longest-tenured female cast member on Saturday Night Live and has also been nominated for the 69th Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series”, 2014 American Comedy Award for “Comedy Supporting Actress – TV”, and the Online Film & Television Association Award for “Best Female Performance in a Fiction Program” in both 2014 and 2015.
- She was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 15 years old. It was while battling the disease that she came across the term ‘comic relief’ and once said, “I don’t know if it made me funnier, but it was so amazing, how it made everything be O.K.”
- She is close friends with actress and comedian Aidy Bryant.
- As a writer, Vanessa Bayer has worked on projects like Above Average Presents and Sound Advice.
- Her book How Do You Care for a Very Sick Bear? was released in 2019.
Featured Image by Vanessa Bayer / Instagram