|Varsha Bollamma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Varsha Bollamma is an Indian actress who has primarily worked in Tamil and Malayalam language movies and is best known for her work in films such as Yaanum Theeyavan (2017), 96 (2018), and Seemathurai (2018). She became an internet sensation after her Dubsmash videos went viral where she used to imitate popular actress Nazriya Nazim. Her overnight fame opened the doors of the South Indian film industry for her and she made her debut with the 2015 Tamil film Sathuran.
Kodagu (Coorg), Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Varsha is a high school graduate and had studied for a bachelor’s degree in microbiology at Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru.
- Father – Podilli Kotteshwar
- Mother – Shanthy Monnamma
- Siblings – Rakshita (Sister), Vyshaak (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Has a tattoo on her right wrist marked ‘Maa’ (Mother)
- Dimpled smile
- Bulging eyes
- Long, straight hair
Varsha has appeared in the TV commercial for the jewelry brand Lakshmi Silvers.
Varsha Bollamma Favorite Things
- Actors – Vijay Sethupathi, Mohanlal
- Actresses – Trisha Krishnan, Revathi
- Movie Genres – Horror, Psychological Thriller
- Interests/Hobbies – Reading Novels, Swimming, Cycling
- Sport – Table Tennis
- Novel – To Kill a Mockingbird (1960) by Harper Lee
- Travel Destination – Amsterdam
- Makeup Essentials – Eyeliner, Lip color
- Movie – Kilukkam (1991)
Source – RitzMagazine.in, Deccan Chronicle
Varsha Bollamma Facts
- She had always dreamt of acting in films from a young age. Varsha had been active in dramatics and extra-curricular activities at her school but failed to clear the auditions for the dramatics club at her college which was a big setback for her. She recalled that she had imitated the iconic actor Aamir Khan for the audition and the attendant crowd had cheered and applauded her performances more than those of the students who were actually selected.
- In 2015, one of her college friends had tagged her onto the Facebook page of a casting agency that was looking for new faces and Varsha was immediately called for an audition.
- She has a keen interest in learning new languages and despite hailing from Karnataka, she has aced the languages of her neighboring states – namely Tamil and Malayalam. She has stated that whenever she works at a new film set, she makes it a point to talk to the crew in their local language and tries to read and write in the language as well, during her shooting breaks.
- In an interview, she has stated that working in the Malayalam film industry has been a revelation for her. She felt that the movies made in that industry were more simplistic, understated relatable, had original scripts, and hence very attractive for actors even from other states, like her.
- After mainly working in Tamil and Malayalam language films, Varsha made her Telugu film debut with the 2019 movie Choosi Choodangaane. The producers of the film offered her the film after her breakthrough performance in the 2018 film 96. She learned how to play the drums for the role.
- While her Dubsmash videos where she imitated actress Nazriya Nazim went viral, Varsha was also often mistaken for the famous actress due to their striking resemblance. She stated that people began to think that she was Nazriya and would often come up to her asking for autographs. The video where she performed Nazriya’s dialogue from the 2013 film Raja Rani was viewed 150,000 times within 2 weeks.
Featured Image by Varsha Bollamma / Instagram