|Banita Sandhu Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|June 22, 1997
Banita Sandhu is a British actress and model who rose to fame after making her film debut in the Hindi-language coming-of-age drama October (2018) where she portrayed the role of Shiuli Iyer, receiving major critical acclaim for her phenomenal performance with Vogue India declaring her to be the “2018 Face to Watch Out For”. She went on to primarily work in several other Indian films such as the Tamil movie Adithya Varma (2019). She has also acted in many English-language films including the dark comedy Eternal Beauty (2019) having played the character of Alex and has starred in a number of TV shows such as the American science fiction series Pandora (2019) in which she essayed the part of Delaney Pilar.
Caerleon, Newport, Wales
She graduated from King’s College London with a degree in English Literature.
She is represented by IMG Talent and Revolution Talent.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Banita has dated –
- AP Dhillon – In August 2023, Banita made her relationship with Indo-Canadian singer AP Dhillon, Instagram official.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole under her left eyebrow
- Sharp nose
- Prominent cheekbones
- Plump and shapely lips
She has appeared in numerous commercials including the one for Wrigley’s Doublemint in 2016 that had garnered more than 40 million views and another one for Vodafone India that was broadcast during the Indian Premier League cricket season in the past.
Banita Sandhu Favorite Things
- Dream In Her Childhood – To star in ITV’s British soap opera Coronation Street
- Pastime – Traveling having acknowledged being lucky to be in a position where she can do so often that made it possible for her to visit places all over the world like Greece, Spain, and France
Source – ITV, TVOverMind.com
Banita Sandhu Facts
- She was brought up by second-generation British Indian parents in Caerleon. She shifted to London at the age of 18 in order to attend college.
- Sandhu had developed a passion for drama and the arts when she was a child after which she began acting when she was only 11 years old. She signed her first agent at a tender age and began performing on the local stage as well as in film productions, having worked with the BBC throughout her childhood.
- Banita has affirmed that she was the Head Girl of her school with a straight-A record.
- She kickstarted her professional acting career in October while completing her degree at King’s College London.
- Sandhu shaved her head for the movie, October.
- She is fluent in Spanish and has learned both Hindi and Tamil for movie projects.
- She has been grateful to her parents, as well as her tutors in the UK, to have supported her all the way.
- Banita has disclosed that an Amy Adams interview had changed her life when she had felt extremely motivated after reading an interview from her fellow actress. Amy had talked about how she was a struggling artist until she began concentrating on her work and worried less about the other things in life.
- She has understood the importance of mental health and given priority to that in her life, which had led her to take a short break from acting after October.
- In December 2021, she had modeled for Ajio Luxe alongside actress Tania Shroff and former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar‘s daughter Sara Tendulkar.
Featured Image by Banita Sandhu / Instagram