|Amy Adams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1974|
Amy Adams is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and singer who is known for her work in movies such as Julie & Julia, Catch Me If You Can, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Doubt, Enchanted, Junebug, The Fighter, The Muppets, Man of Steel, The Master, American Hustle, Her, Big Eyes, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Nocturnal Animals, Justice League, Arrival, The Woman in the Window, Dear Evan Hansen, Psycho Beach Party, The Wedding Date, Underdog, Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, and Serving Sara. In addition to that, her television roles include playing Alice Doherty in the drama series Dr. Vegas, Katy in the sitcom The Office, Camille Preaker in the psychological thriller miniseries Sharp Objects, Jodi Melville in the superhero series Smallville, Beth Maclay in supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Dinah in the teen sitcom Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane. Amy has received at least 6 Academy Award nominations: “Best Supporting Actress” for Junebug (2005), Doubt (2008), The Fighter (2010), The Master (2012), and Vice (2018), and “Best Actress” for American Hustle (2013). Also, she has twice won the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical” for American Hustle (2013) and Big Eyes (2014).
Amy Lou Adams
Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
Adams graduated from Douglas County High School in Castle Rock, Colorado. Amy didn’t pursue college after that. And, now she also regrets her decision of not attending college at that time.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Singer
- Father – Richard Kent (U.S. serviceman)
- Mother – Kathryn (née Hicken) Adams (Semi-professional bodybuilder)
- Siblings – She has four brothers and two sisters.
- Others – Frank Ralph Adams (Paternal Grandfather), Olea Lorraine Hill (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Hugh Hicken (Maternal Grandfather), Colleen Hammond (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- Management Artists Syndication
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
R&B, calypso, doo-wop, popular music, pop
Decca Records, Walt Disney Records
Her net worth had been $60 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Adams has dated –
- Darren Le Gallo (2001-Present) – In 2001, Amy started dating actor and artist Darren Le Gallo. She met him for the first time during an acting class in 2001. Later, in April 2008, after dating for several years, the couple became engaged. Amy gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Aviana Olea Le Gallo in May 2010. The duo married in May 2015 in California.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Danish, Norwegian, Swiss-German, Welsh, German, Irish, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
Amy has naturally “Strawberry blonde” hair color.
But we all know she is a redhead now. But then why she went red?
It is because of the TV show Dr. Vegas in which she played a nurse named Alice Doherty in 2004. For that, she had to dye her pretty hair red. And, her performance was also just for 5 episodes.
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Wide-eyed expressions
- Bright smile
- Amy frequently plays the optimistic characters.
34-25-34 in or 87-63.5-87 cm
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
Lacoste’s fragrance line
Best Known For
Her portrayal in films like Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009), Man of Steel (2013), American Hustle (2013), Enchanted (2007), Julie & Julia (2009), and others.
For the 2007 Walt Disney animated musical film Enchanted, Amy Adams contributed as a singer for the film’s soundtrack (She was also the lead actor in the film). She sang songs such as “True Love’s Kiss”, “Happy Working Song”, and “That’s How You Know”.
Then, again for the 2008 movie Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, and the 2011 movie The Muppets, she contributed as a singer and actor.
Adams debuted with the 1999 American black comedy film Drop Dead Gorgeous for her role as Leslie Miller.
First TV Show
In 2000, Amy played the role as Kat Peterson in Fox’s period sitcom That ’70s Show in an episode titled “Burning Down the House”.
Amy does exercise and goes hiking regularly.
After giving birth to her first child in mid-2010, she was working out, whenever she got time and ate healthily. However, she is not a fan of starvation and super skinny bodies and also doesn’t want to be recognized for such stuff.
She did exotic dancing to shed off the extra pounds, which she gained after giving birth to Aviana.
Amy Adams Favorite Things
- Food – Nachos
- Movies – The Apartment (1960), Vertigo (1958), Grease (1978)
- Disney Princess – Cinderella
- Song – That’s How You Know
- Animal – Amy’s own dog named Pippy
- Actresses – Cate Blanchett, Rachel Weisz, Samantha Morton
- Ice Cream Flavor – Strawberry Cheesecake
- Band – Gorillaz
- Broadway Musical – Man of La Mancha
Source – LA Times, MoviesOnline.ca
Amy Adams Facts
- Amy’s dad Richard had also sung at various restaurants professionally, besides his service with the U.S. government. When Amy was born, Richard was posted at Caserma Ederle.
- Amy comes at #4 out of the seven children.
- Amy was active in singing during her time in high school.
- Amy’s parents divorced in 1985.
- She had plans to take ballet dancing as her career.
- She has also worked at Gap store as a greeter (her job was to welcome the customers).
- After completing her graduation, she also worked at Hooters restaurants as a hostess.
- She likes to read books.
- If given a chance, she would definitely like to work with French actor Audrey Tautou.
- She knows knitting and she learned it from veteran actor Meryl Streep.
- She likes to sing karaoke.
- She has been friends with Emily Blunt, Isla Fisher, and Bradley Cooper.
- She was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time in 2014.
why is there an issue with her having ‘red’ or auburn hair?