|Isla Fisher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1976|
Isla Fisher is an Australian actress, producer, voiceover artist, and author who started acting at a very young age and is known for her on-screen roles such as Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of a Shopaholic, Myrtle Wilson in The Great Gatsby, Shannon Reed in Home and Away, Henley Reeves in Now You See Me, Karen Gaffney in Keeping Up with the Joneses, Samantha in Greed, Laura Hastings in Nocturnal Animals, Rebel Alley in Arrested Development, Katie in Wedding Daze, Melanie Ralston in Life of Crime, and April in Definitely, Maybe.
Isla Lang Fisher
She divides her time between –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Isla attended Methodist Ladies’ College in Perth, Western Australia and later went to Walliston Primary School.
Actress, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Author
- Father – Brian Fisher (Banker for the United Nations)
- Mother – Elspeth Reid (Romance Novelist)
- Siblings – She has 4 brothers.
- Others – Erran Baron Cohen (Sister-in-law)
She is represented by –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isla Fisher has dated –
- Shane Ammann (1994-1995) – Isla dated fellow actor Shane Ammann (who is 4 years younger than her) from 1994 to 1995. They acted together in Paradise Beach in 1993 and then in Home and Away from 1994 to 1997.
- Darren Day (1998-2000) – Isla and English actor, Darren Day then dated together from 1998 to 2000.
- Sacha Baron Cohen (2002-Present) – In 2002, Fisher met English comedian Sacha Baron Cohen during a party in Sydney, Australia. After dating for more than a year, the duo engaged in 2004 and married on March 15, 2010, in Paris, France. The couple has 3 children together, including daughters Olive (b. October 17, 2007) and Elula Lottie Miriam (b. August 1, 2010). Their 3rd child was born in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish descent.
In 2019, she dyed her hair to ‘blonde’ color.
- Voluptuous build
- Curvaceous and buxom figure
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in a number of commercials. Isla started appearing in commercials from the age of nine.
At 12, she appeared in a lottery commercial.
To marry Sacha Baron Cohen, she converted to Judaism and has stated, “I will definitely have a Jewish wedding just to be with Sacha. I would do anything—move into any religion—to be united in marriage with him. We have a future together and religion comes second to love as far as we are concerned.”
Best Known For
Playing Henley Reeves in the film Now You See Me.
She is also known for playing Shannon Reed in the TV series Home and Away from 1994 to 1997.
In 1997, Isla appeared in a short film Bum Magnet where she played the role of Emma.
First TV Show
In 1993, Fisher appeared in a television series Bay Cove for her role as Vanessa Walker.
Isla is a workout lover. She does yoga five times a week. Fisher goes to the gym and eats healthy food, mostly vegetarian. See her complete workout routine and diet plan.
Isla Fisher Favorite Things
- Shoes – Dior
- Bag – Red Ferragamo, Gucci
- Director – Baz Luhrmann
Source – InStyle.com, IMDb
Isla Fisher Facts
- Isla’s mom and siblings live in Athens (in Greece), while her dad divides time between Frankfurt (in Germany), and Nicaragua.
- Fisher relocated to Perth, Western Australia at the age of six.
- As her mom is a novelist, Isla also published two novels at the age of 18 (with the help of her mother) titled Bewitched and Seduced by Fame. Both of the novels turned bestsellers.
- Conor Reid is her step-brother.
- She is good friends with Naomi Watts.
- Most of the people speak her first name wrong, which is pronounced as “Eye-Lah”.
- Her upbringing was really great and very outdoorsy. She feels herself to be “very Australian”.
- Growing up, she was a huge fan of Elvis Presley and wanted to marry him.
- Isla was first chosen to play Jeanine in the comedy movie Unplugging. But, due to scheduling conflicts, the role went to Eva Longoria.
- The role of Beth Baker in Paramount+’s dark comedy series Guilty Party was originally offered to Isla. However, due to pandemic-related circumstances, she had to drop herself out and it was finally played by Kate Beckinsale.
- In June 2022, Isla was honored with the “Excellence in the Arts” award during the 2022 G’Day AAA Arts Gala.