Kathrin Romary Beckinsale
Finsbury Park, London, England
Beckinsale attended Godolphin and Latymer School in Hammersmith, West London. Post that, she enrolled herself into New College, Oxford, but dropped out to focus properly on her acting career.
- Father – Richard Beckinsale (Actor) (Died of heart attack at 31)
- Mother – Judy Loe (Actress)
- Siblings – Samantha Beckinsale (Paternal Half-Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Roy Battersby (Stepfather) (Director)
Kate has no full siblings, but she has four half-brothers and one half-sister from her mother’s second marriage to director Roy.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Beckinsale dated –
- Edmund Moriarty (1992-1993) – From 1992 to 1993, Kate dated Edmund Moriarty.
- Michael Sheen (1995-2003) – Welsh actor Michael Sheen had a pretty long dating relationship with Beckinsale. They were an item from 1995 to 2003. They met for the first time when they were cast in the touring production of The Seagull in early 1995. She revealed later that she had love at first sight. During this time, she also gave birth to their first child, a daughter named, Lily Mo Sheen (b. January 31, 1999) in London. During this 8 year period, Michael never proposed to her.
- Len Wiseman (2003-2015) – Kate ended her relationship with Michael Sheen after she fell in love with filmmaker Len Wiseman. Kate tried to approach Len so as to cast Sheen in his film in 2003, but instead, she fell in love with Wiseman. They announced their engagement in June 2003. The couple married on May 9, 2004, at the Hotel Bel-Air in California. At that time, she was already living with Len and her daughter Lily in Brentwood, LA. They called it quits in November 2015.
- Matt Rife (2017, 2018) – In June 2017, Kate started dating TV personality, and comedian from Ohio. He is approx 22 years her junior. They called it quits towards the end of the year. Later, in September 2018, she was again seen with Matt going to Peppermint Night Club.
- Jack Whitehall (2018) – Comedian Jack Whitehall and Kate were seen together getting cozy at Blind Dragon nightclub in November 2018 which sparked dating rumors. They were also seen spending time at the Craig’s in West Hollywood earlier during that day.
- Pete Davidson (2019) – In January 2019, comedian-actor Pete Davidson and Kate were seen together coming out of Golden Globes Afterparty. After that, they were clicked holding hands and spending time together. In March 2019, they publicly kissed at New York Rangers game, hence confirming their relationship. They ended their short-lived relationship in April 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Burmese descent on her father’s side.
34-23-34 in or 86-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
She has appeared in several television commercials such as Gap television advert in 2002, Diet Coke advert in 2004, Lux shampoo in a Japanese TV commercial.
Later, in 2009, she was involved in an Absolut Vodka print campaign.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Pearl Harbor (2001), Underworld (2003), The Aviator (2004), and Van Helsing (2004).
Kate played the role as hero in the 1993 British/American romantic comedy film Much Ado About Nothing.
The film is based on the novel by William Shakespeare of the same name.
First TV Show
In 1991, Kate guest appeared on the television show Devices and Desires for her role as young Alice Mair in episode number 2 of the first season.
Ramona Braganza is making Kate’s body look healthy and toned for several years.
For the 2012 movie Underworld Awakening, she needed to fit in a catsuit and still look good. To achieve that more shapely figure, she worked with Ramona on the set for four to five times a week in the very first month. And, this training and workout were reduced to three times a week during the second month. With her 321 Method, Ramona focused on the cardio, circuit training, and core related exercises.
Kate likes yoga-inspired moves and so when in LA, she also works with another personal trainer Mandy Ingber. She never exercises publicly. Kate has a gym in her home garage, where she runs for half an hour at a time.
Kate Beckinsale Favorite Things
- Hotel – Sanderson Hotel, London
- Public Landmark – Natural History Museum in London
Source – Hub.AA.com
Kate Beckinsale Facts
- She had studied Russian and French literature during her time in New College, Oxford.
- In 2002, she was named Hello magazine’s “England’s Number One Beauty”.
- In 2008, Kate was ranked at #41 in People magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People list.
- She is also named as Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive in 2009.
- Kate Beckinsale is Maxim‘s 12th Sexiest Woman of 2013.
- Her father died of a heart attack when Kate was just 5 years old.
- She suffered from anorexia when she was 15 years old.
- In 1997, she also debuted on the radio. She voiced the role of Juliet in the play Romeo and Juliet, aired in 1997.
- She once lost the role of Clementine Kruczynski to play in the 2004 movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to Kate Winslet only due to her size.
- She hates sushi, unlike most other celebrities.