|Len Wiseman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1973|
Len Wiseman is an American film director, screenwriter, and producer who is best known for directing films such as Underworld (2003), Underworld: Evolution (2006), Live Free or Die Hard (2007), and Total Recall (2012). He has also produced the movies Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009), Underworld: Awakening (2012), and Underworld: Blood Wars (2016). He runs a production company called Sketch Films.
Len Ryan Wiseman
Fremont, Alameda County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Len had attended the American High School, a public secondary school in his hometown of Fremont.
After his high school graduation, he had joined De Anza College, a public community college in Cupertino, California. He had studied filmmaking there and had made 2 short films in his stint at the college, the second of which had helped him land his first professional gig.
Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – Loren Wiseman
- Mother – Janice Wiseman
- Others – Harold Watson Wiseman (Paternal Grandfather), Ernestine Lillian Crawford (Paternal Grandmother), Howard Irving Dean (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy Nattress (Maternal Grandmother), Richard Beckinsale (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Actor) (d. March 1979), Judith Margaret ‘Judy’ Loe (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Actress), Samantha Beckinsale (Ex-Half-Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Lily Mo Sheen (Ex-Step-Daughter) (Actress), Roy Battersby (Ex-Step-Father-in-Law) (TV Director)
Len Wiseman’s net worth had been $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Len has dated –
- Dana (1994–2003) – Len had married a kindergarten teacher named Dana in 1994. He had ended the relationship in 2003 after meeting actress Kate Beckinsale on the sets of his feature film directorial debut Underworld (2003). Kate had ended her long relationship with Welsh actor Michael Sheen after falling in love with Len while Len’s divorce with Dana was finalized near Christmas 2003. Kate was on the set to request Len to cast Sheen in that film, but instead, she fell in love with him.
- Kate Beckinsale (2003-2015) – Len had started dating English actress, voiceover artist, and model Kate Beckinsale in 2003. The couple had announced their engagement in June 2003 and got married on May 9, 2004, at the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles. After more than a decade of wedlock, in November 2015, the couple had announced that they would be parting ways. Len had later filed for divorce, citing ‘irreconcilable differences’. Their divorce was finalized in November 2019.
- CJ Franco (2015-Present) – He reportedly started dating American model, fashion designer, and stand-up comedian CJ Franco in late 2015. The couple got engaged on July 4, 2023, during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and German descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Often sports a light stubble
Len Wiseman Facts
- He had started his career in the entertainment industry as a property assistant for films like Stargate (1994), Independence Day (1996), and Godzilla (1998).
- Len had later directed TV commercials for brands like PlayStation, Time Warner, Oracle, Intel, and Activision. He had then directed music videos for artists like Megadeth, En Vogue, Static-X.
- He had directed the pilot episodes of the TV series Hawaii Five-0 (2010), Sleepy Hollow (2013), and Lucifer (2016). All 3 pilots were picked up for further production but incredibly, Len was not involved in the development of the immediate upcoming episodes of any of those 3 TV series.
Featured Image by Len Wiseman / Instagram