|Varun Tej Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3.75 in|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Varun Tej is an Indian actor and producer, best known for his projects in Telugu Cinema. Being the son of the well-known actor and producer in Telugu Cinema, Nagendra Babu, gave him an opportunity to appear in his 1st movie when he was only 10 years old. He played the role of a child artist in the movie Hands Up! (2000) but was uncredited for it. Varun made his adult debut in the feature film Mukunda as the lead character who had the same name in 2014, which was met with mixed reviews. His next movie, Kanche (2015) earned positive reviews, and his acting skills were described as having the “capability to shift gears from intense to sobriety” by The Times of India. Unfortunately, his 2nd WWII-themed movie, Loafer (2015) where he played the role of Raja, was a box office failure, same as Mister (2017) where he played Pichchaiah Naidu / Chai.
Luckily, his role of Varun in the romantic comedy Fidaa (2017) earned critical acclaim, his chemistry with his co-star, actress Sai Pallavi was appreciated, and the movie was one of the highest-grossing movies in Telugu cinema in 2017. The positive reviews led him to bag the role of Aditya Sekhar in the movie Tholi Prema, as well as Dev in Antariksham 9000 KMPH, both box office hits in 2018. The same was true for his next movie, F2 – Fun And Frustration, which was a huge blockbuster in 2019. Varun was also cast as the voice of Aladdin in the Telugu-dubbed version of Aladdin (2019) starring Will Smith, Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, and others. He has also amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 2.5 million followers on Twitter, more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Varun Tej Babu Konidela
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Varun attended Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Public School in Vidyashram, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
He also studied computer science at the St. Mary’s College in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- Father – Nagendra Babu (Actor, Producer, Director)
- Mother – Padmaja Konidela
- Siblings – Niharika Konidela (Younger Sister) (Actress, Film Producer, Dancer, TV Presenter)
- Others – Siva Sankara Vara Prasad “Chiranjeevi” Konadela (Uncle) (Film Actor, Politician), Kalyan Babu “Pawan Kalyan” Konidela (Uncle) (Film Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Philanthropist, Politician, Author), Ram Charan (Cousin) (Actor, Producer, Businessman), Susmitha (Cousin) (Costume Designer), Srija (Cousin), Sai Dharam Tej (Cousin) (Actor), Vaishnav Tej (Cousin) (Actor). His grandfather was a constable.
Varun Tej is represented by Ram Charan’s management team (Talent Agent, Manager) in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
6 ft 3.75 in or 192.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Varun Tej has dated –
- Lavanya Tripathi – Varun was rumored to be dating actress Lavanya Tripathi in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Rugged, masculine looks
Best Known For
- His movie roles of Dhupati Haribabu in Kanche (2015), Varun in Fidaa (2017), Aditya in Tholi Prema (2018), Dev in Antariksham 9000 kmph (2018), and Varun in F2: Fun and Frustration (2019)
- His social media fanbase with more than 2.5 million followers on Twitter, more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook
As an uncredited actor, Varun Tej made his feature film debut as ‘Child Artist’ in the movie Hands Up! in 2000.
Varun Tej made his theatrical film debut as Mukunda in the drama film, Mukunda in 2014.
As a voice actor, Varun Tej made his theatrical film debut as Aladdin in the adventure fantasy movie Aladdin in 2019. He was hired to dub the vocals for the version released in the Telugu language.
Varun Tej Favorite Things
- Hobby – Boxing
- Gun – M16
Varun Tej Facts
- His 1st crush was a girl who went to an IMAX movie theatre on a date with him. They sat silently, watched the movie, and he ate popcorn, after which they parted ways. When he went to a theater again in 2018, he remembered that experience with a warmth in his heart.
- Varun’s dad often jokingly calls him an Indian/Telugu word that means stupid. His mom uses a part of his real name, “Varun Babu” when referring to him.
- Varun has supported the #SavaNallamala and #StopUraniumMining movement in 2019.
- In 2015, he said that he would love to go on a date with film actress, Ramya Krishna.
- Many people find it unusual that one of his 1st movies was the role in Kanche (2015), a large project and the 1st Indian movie to feature the topic of World War II.
- His dad seemingly wasn’t happy with the direction Varun took in 2014 and 2015, distancing himself from the large family of actors and film producers. Varun loved doing movies such as Mukunda and Kanche that brought him closer to his audience and didn’t care about popularity. To ensure that he would get a mass-appealing image, his dad entrusted Varun’s cousin Ram Charan, who was an entrepreneur and businessman, to have his team manage him.
- He is about 1.5 inches taller than Prabhas, a fellow Telugu, Hindi, and Tamil actor who’s also known for his height.
- In 2019, Varun tried out his hand at producing a comedy feature film in Telugu cinema, which was named Suryakantham.
- In December 2020, he was tested positive for COVID-19 with mild symptoms. He was quarantined at home and in January 2021, it was announced that he had recovered from the virus.
Featured Image by Varun Tej / Instagram