|Verbal Jint Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Verbal Jint is a South Korean rapper, record producer, musician, television personality, and voice artist who rose to acclaim with his groundbreaking innovations in Korean hip-hop rhyme schemes. Before achieving success as a mainstream artist, he had established himself as one of South Korea’s most popular underground rappers of the 2000s. His discography consists of several albums, extended plays, and tracks like Mumeong (무명), The Good Die Young, Go Easy, Framed (누명), 10 Years of Misinterpretation 1 (10년 동안의 오독 I), Go Hard Part 1: Yanggachi (Go Hard Part 1: 양가치), No Excuses (변명없이), Inflection Point (변곡점), Favorite, Go Easy 0.5, Is It Music or Is It a Report? (이것은 음악인가 업무보고서인가), Classic, Year End Report (연말결산보고서), I Promise I Promise (약속해 약속해) (ft. G.NA), You Look Good (좋아보여) (ft. The Black Skirts), Gloomy Letters (우울한 편지), Thank You Thank You (감사감사) (ft. Yeonjin), Good Start (시작이 좋아) (ft. Kang Min-hee), Closer Closer (가까이 가까이), Walking in The Rain (비범벅) (ft. Bumkey), Cold World (비정한 세상 피토하는 음악) (ft. Mommy Son), Public Figure (공인) (ft. Swings and Han Yo-han), and Dark Side (흑화의 뜻) (ft. Lil Boi). Verbal Jint is regarded as a revolutionary within the Korean music industry for his rhyme work and the flow of his music.
Seoul, South Korea
Verbal Jint studied at Hanyoung Foreign Language High School. He attended Seoul National University and completed an economics degree.
He also got enrolled at Hanyang University‘s School of Law and pursued a law degree.
Rapper, Record Producer, Musician, Television Personality, Voice Artist
Brand New Music, Otherside
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Verbal Jint has dated –
- Minyoung – It was reported that he went out with singer, dancer, musician, and YouTuber Minyoung in the past for around 2 years. Later, in April 2023, his agency confirmed the speculations and also stated that although the duo dated previously, they have since parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Verbal Jint is of Korean descent.
Often sports a beard
As a voice artist, Verbal Jint has done endorsement work for various brands such as Vitamin Water, LG, and Hyundai.
Verbal Jint Facts
- His hip-hop career started as a member of the Korean hip-hop crew Show N Prove (SNP).
- Prior to Verbal Jint’s innovations in Korean hip-hop rhyme schemes, Korean hip-hop lacked a fundamental component of rap i.e. rhyming. Later, in an interview with the Korea Times, he stated, “People who came before us didn’t have much interest in rhyming; artists before us were satisfied with talking fast and thinking that it was rapping – and that sold then.”
- Verbal Jint finished his mandatory military service for South Korea in the KATUSA (Korean Augmentation To the United States Army) program. Under the program, Korean soldiers who demonstrate a high level of English fluency and aptitude serve alongside United States Army forces in South Korea.
- In 2001, he released his debut mini-album titled Modern Rhymes and it introduced new innovations in achieving the grammatical accuracy needed to arrange Korean successfully into rhymes.
- He became the first artist to create actual rhyme schemes in Korean and his method became the standard for Korean rapping within the hip-hop scene.
- In December 2011, Verbal Jint held his first solo concert called “You Look Happier”.
- He appeared as a contestant on Mnet’s rap competition show Show Me The Money in 2012.
- Throughout his career, Verbal Jint has been a recipient of various accolades including the Korean Music Award, Olleh Indie Award, Cyworld Digital Music Award, Mnet 20’s Choice Award, and HiphopPlaya Award.
Featured Image by Chae / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0