Victor Vincent Fuentes
San Diego, California, United States
Vic Fuentes went to the Mission Bay High School.
He then got enrolled at the San Diego State University. He had opted for a graphic design course there. However, he dropped out to focus on his music career.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Victor Gamboa Fuentes (Painter and former Mexican Jazz Musician)
- Mother – Vivian K. Fuentes
- Siblings – Mike Fuentes (Younger Brother) (Musician, drummer, and rapper). He also has a half-sister and two half-brothers.
- Others – Nick Martin (Cousin) (Singer)
Vic’s music band, Pierce the Veil is managed by Michele Abreim.
Post-hardcore, pop-punk, experimental rock, emo
Vocals and guitar
Equal Vision, Fearless Records
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vic Fuentes has dated –
- Welly Llewellyn – Vic was in a relationship with Welly Llewellyn in the past. He made their relationship public by posting their pictures on his social media and she was ever-present in his social media feed in the course of their relationship.
- Rachel Cohen – Vic was reported to be going out with Rachel Cohen in 2013.
- Cara Crawford – According to reports, Vic also had a short-lived relationship with a girl named Cara Crawford.
- Laura Christine – Vic had an affair with Laura Christine.
- Jenna McDougall (2014) – Vic was RUMORed to be dating Australian singer, Jenna McDougall in 2014. She had collaborated with his band to produce the acoustic version of Hold on Til May.
- Danielle Victoria Perry (2014-Present) – Vic is reported to be in a relationship with model and actress Danielle Victoria Perry. She was the model in his band’s music video of King for a Day, which was released in June 2015. Some sources assert that they didn’t start going out until 2014. It is reported that his bandmates helped him meet and know her. To say that Peirce the Veil fans have been cold to her would be an understatement. She has suffered a barrage of abuse from fans for dating Vic. However, to their credit, they are still together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Mexican ancestry on his father’s side.
- Long Hair
- Wears nose ring occasionally
Vic hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
Being the lead singer of the hardcore rock band, Pierce The Veil. Their fourth studio album, Misadventures, debuted at the 4th position on the Billboard Top 200 and sold around 50,000 copies in the first week itself.
In June 2007, Vic’s band, Pierce The Veil released their debut studio album, A Flair for the Dramatic.
First TV Show
In 2016, Vic made his first TV show appearance in an episode of the music talk show, Conan.
Vic Fuentes Facts
- The first time he wrote the song was by accident and happened while at a party with a group of friends during his school days. At that very moment, he realized that he wanted to become a musician.
- The name of the band came to his mind during a sociology class at San Diego State University. The professor was lecturing about piercing the veil, which meant going to the root of the problem and taking care of it.
- He and his brother Mike learned to play guitar from their father. By the age of 7, he was comfortable with playing his father’s guitar.
- His band had a minor feud with another emo band Fall Out Boy after they had released a cover of Michael Jackson’s hit, Beat It. Vic pointed out that they had released a similar cover, hinting that they had copied his band.
- They were caught up in a minor controversy after they brought in another artist to work on Daniel Danger’s design for album artwork. They had apparently reached out to Danger but due to some reasons, he wasn’t available for work.
- To resolve the controversy, they decided to ultimately credit artwork created for Collide with the Sky to Danger.
- While studying in high school, he was part of the punk band, “3 Simple Words”. Then in 1998, he and his brother formed “Early Times” band. They had to later rename it as “Before Today” due to copyright violation.
- He has revealed that A Match Into Water single in the studio album, Collide with the Sky, was written for his former girlfriend, who was suffering from breast cancer.
- While growing up, Vic was often prone to self-harming, which was a release for his anger. But then, he realized that his younger brother would also follow him down to the same path, so instead, he started channelizing his anger into music.
- After releasing his band’s debut studio album, he thought it was the time to add more members apart from him and his brother, therefore, he held auditions, after which Preciado and Perry were hired.
- Visit his band’s official website @ piercetheveil.net.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.